IRQ question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRQ question

I just checked some of my IRQ settings, and noticed that the Parhelia is sharing the same IRQ (16) with my NIC. Could this slow down the system or should I just leave it as is?
    Specs:
    MSI 745 Ultra :: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ :: 1024 MB PC-266 DDR-RAM :: HIS Radeon 9700 (Catalyst 3.1) :: Creative Soundblaster Live! 1024 :: Pioneer DVD-106S :: Western Digital WD800BB :: IBM IC35L040AVVN07

Dont worry, your system is handling that nice on it's own
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Exactly.

You obviously have APIC turned on in both your BIOS and operating system or you wouldn't have them on IRQ 16, which is more efficient than using the legacy PIC management with everything on IRQ9. As such you're in pretty good shape as long as there are no apparent problems.

In short: if it ain't broke don't fix it

Dr. Mordrid
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 10 November 2002, 10:36.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Good to hear that!
        Thanks for the answers!
        Specs:
        MSI 745 Ultra :: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ :: 1024 MB PC-266 DDR-RAM :: HIS Radeon 9700 (Catalyst 3.1) :: Creative Soundblaster Live! 1024 :: Pioneer DVD-106S :: Western Digital WD800BB :: IBM IC35L040AVVN07

Comment

BTW:
          Is:
          APIC = Advanced Programeable Interupt Controll ??
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

eYup
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
            X