press without teeth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• press without teeth?

some may have already seen them, but these photos popped up during the last days:

they show people called " terror suspects" by abc news (http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Politics/...1108_1603.html) [note: suspects, not culprit!] and US soldiers during a transport in a plane.

what makes me wondering is the style media is reporting on the issue: they are not showing the pics (sfc, abc) or are simply discussing WHO took the picture and that is illegal to make pics like that public.

of course, that is one way to write a story around this images.

but somehow I get the impression that they don't want to discuss the (imho cruel) way to handle the subjects.

and now go on and tell me that is ok to do this to suspects.

mfg
    wulfman
    "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
    "Lobsters?"
    "Really? I didn't know they did that."
    "Oh yes, red means help!"

those 'POW's were held like that for how many hours?

We have regulations that mean we cant treat dogs like that.

As to any form of trial etc.... dont even start me on camp 'zulu'...

RedRed
    Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

note the incontenance pads in picture 2,3 & 4

long flight....

also the pictures were almost definately taken by a marine - a little trophy...
      Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

Excuse me for playing devils advocate, but these people are potentially suicidal fantatics who think nothing of crashing planes into things. You dont take chances with people like that.

They're wearing ear defenders becuase the inside of an airborne C130 is noisy, and the cargo straps are to stop them bouncing around.
        Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Originally posted by RichL
          Excuse me for playing devils advocate, but these people are potentially suicidal fantatics who think nothing of crashing planes into things. You dont take chances with people like that.

They're wearing ear defenders becuase the inside of an airborne C130 is noisy, and the cargo straps are to stop them bouncing around.
          I was about to say that. (the first part, since I don't know much about aircraft)

Yes, it is mean,

But sometimes you don't really have much of a choice.
          80% of people think I should be in a Mental Institute

Comment

Amen. There are specialized aircraft for transporting dangerous criminals inside the US as shown in the movie Con Air, which is a real flight service run by the Feds, but there are damned few of them and I doubt they have in-flight refueling.

As for the restraints, incontence pads and headgear: RichL is right....you have to have rode in a C-130 to fully understand

Dr. Mordrid
            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 9 November 2002, 07:37.
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I'd certainly trade my seat on the 100'th floor of the trade center on sept 11 for one of these.
              Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

My opinion is to put 2 of them per pallet and roll them right out the cargo door of the plane. Why should we even waste this much effort in transporting them anywhere.

Consider the opposite....

In afgahnistan, when these same poor prisoners being so abused on the plane took prisoners, they skinned them alive and left them to die slowly.

You want me to have pitty on these bastards, no friggn way!!!!

Paul
                "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

Originally posted by ALBPM
                  My opinion is to put 2 of them per pallet and roll them right out the cargo door of the plane. Why should we even waste this much effort in transporting them anywhere.

Too Humane.

ppl don't forget these are pow's
                  Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

technically they arent pow's
                    no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Originally posted by gtforty

Too Humane.

ppl don't forget these are pow's
                      I repeat it once more: suspects.

most likely even a death-sentenced person in the US is treated better than these...

mfg
                      wulfman
                      "Lobsters?"

Comment

And of course I see the posting of this as bait to start an anti-American flame war. I will let it proceed at this point but I do reserve the right to lock or delete this thread if it gets out of hand.

Joel
                        Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                        Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Yeah, but you see everything as that, Joel.

The sad fact is is that the press is constantly and heavily censored at the government's convenience. America is really bad about it, but Britian is even worse. It doesn't matter if you're talking about Afghanistan or WWII Europe.
                          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

ok with me, joel. I will do it myself if necessary.

censored? doesn't sound good for me...

mfg
                            wulfman
                            Last edited by Wulfman; 9 November 2002, 12:23.
                            "Lobsters?"

Comment

That is undoubtedly not the most comfortable way of transporting people, but I don't think the soldiers themselves have first-class transportation either. Okay, so that flag hanging over the prisoners is like made just to attract some anti-American flames, but it's not like there is some rite going on or something. Considering the circumstances, I'm with rugger here and find the transportation conditions just about acceptable.

Comment

Working...
                              X