New mouse! Logitech MX500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New mouse! Logitech MX500

I have only had about 10 minutes with it, but DAAAAMN! I can't understand how I could have survived with less than 8 buttons before. Switching between open applications is quick and easy. "Cruise control" works alright, but I need to experiment more to find some more useful commands. Oh yeah, I haven't had a single problem with it tracking my fast movements (unlike my first gen. Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer) with ease.

It even does something I wasn't certain of. ATI has a blended video feature with it's MMC software. With blended window option turned on, you need to click on the TV window in the task bar to turn off the feature. With the MX500 application quick switch, you just select TV from the menu and it works just as if I clicked on the taskbar window.

Aside from the money I already set aside for speakers, this mouse will lead me to spend more money than my budget allows. Next, I'll want another monitor. Which will lead me to the "need" of buying a bigger desk. Someone help me please? I am a computer hardware addict! :P
    Epox 8RDA+
    AMD XP 2500+ w/ Alpha PAL 8045
    512mb Samsung PC2700 DDR
    ATI 8500 64mb
    Hercules Fortissimo II
    Tekram DC-315U
    Pioneer DVD 303S
    Pioneer DVR-106
    Zip100 Internal
    Logitech MX 500 Mouse
    Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro
    Seagate Barracuda ATA IV 80 gig HD
    Seagate Barracuda ATA IV 40 gig HD
    LG Flatron 795FT+
    Sennheiser HD 570 Headphones
    Altec Lansing 641 Speakers

...greetings from another addict

I got the MX700 last week and really like the thing, very smooth, though I've got to learn to use my fingers differently. I find I like using all buttons in the default setup, except button 8 which I made double-click, which is a bit strange. On my previous mouse, double click was on the thumb button, so I still get mixed up.

How have you set up the buttons?
    How can you possibly take anything seriously?
    Who cares?

Comment

That's the mouse I'll be getting for my new comp system. Glad to hear it works well for you.
      System Specs:
      Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
      May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
      Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
      And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
      just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
      For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

It works great, very precise and smooth. Since I have a large hand, I've had to relearn the button finger dance, which is fine except for double-click which I haven't managed to get up to speed yet. The scroll and cruise buttions, once you get used to them, are very handy.

You've gotta remember to hang the thing up to charge though. It only ran out once. The little light starts blinking red to remind you, which is already a bit late when you are in the middle of something.

The way you're going at it, looks like you'll have a top rig by Christmas!
        How can you possibly take anything seriously?
        Who cares?

Comment

i wanted to buy the MX700 and checked it out in some local store, however i wasnt satisfied enough to spend 75€ on it. most of the buttons are just too hard to reach, and except for the buttons it is not so much different than to my cordless mouse man pro
          no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

IMO:

Logitech MX500 = 58.78€ (here)
            Logitech MX700 = 86.73€ (here)

Difference = 27.95€ = 47%
            Mice last a long time (still have my Logitech 3-button serial mouse from 1996 - still works)

IMO go MX700

Comment

Also I bought big desks and nice chair first.

Now comes IT

Comment

I'm also very happy with the Logitech MX700 here as well...
                Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Working...
                X