Matrox..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox..

The Parhelia. One nice card I'd have to say. But I find a few things really dissapointing. Matrox knew (or at least knows not) that the Parhelia had RAMDAC problems that'll cause strange banding artifacts. They know that increasing the core clock would in fact improve performance of the Parhelia by lots. They chose to do nothing about it, slack off, and say that a new revision is going to come before summer. I mean, what's wrong with Matrox? Have they really become so incompetant and lazy with their own business? For some reason, despite all this, I still really like the Parhelia. Its 16X FSAA implementation and vibrant color output is top-notch, and I'm even considering buying one being some kinda fanboy who still can't forget the happy moments he spent using the G400. Man, I really feel bad for the Parhelia project/product line. Its like a child with a 200 IQ forced to live in a desert without any education, food, and water..

EDIT:
    Oh hi everyone.
    Last edited by Chuck; 8 November 2002, 16:52.

Welcome to MURC Chuck.

I hugely enjoy the Parhelia - and it looks like you have seen the various articles on the front page. If you wanna get one, well that depends on your (a) wallet and (b) uses. I'm sure the nice people here can persuade you...
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

You know Chuck, everything with computers is constantly in change and moving on in development. Nothing is perfect, and in at least half of the components I have or consider, the story is the same. Parhelia for my uses is realy state of the art. It will evolve and advance as everything else does. That's the computer game. If you are always waiting for something "better", you will end up doing nothing but waiting.

One thing I definitely know. I got my Parhelia on the 30th of August 2002 and I'm happy as hell that I did!
      How can you possibly take anything seriously?
      Who cares?

Comment

Ditto

Comment

Great avatar SitFlyer. I'm probably getting one for Xmas (Parhelia that is)
          [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
          Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
          Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
          Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
          Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

I'm probably getting one for Xmas (Parhelia that is)
            yeah, right
            no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

i don't remember Matrox ever announcing that a follow-up to Parhelia will come by next summer.

raising the core clock is not as simple as pressing a button and raising them to 350MHz, there are many considerations to take into account, and it just wasn't feasible to do so. anyway, those who frequent these halls know how well their games and 3D apps run on Parhelia without having to worry about the clock frequencies.
              OFFICIAL EX- EMPLOYEE

<font size="1">"So now I'm dreaming<br>For myself I'm understanding <br>Performing there, one hundred thousand fans would gather one and all <br>And so decided, we could rule it all if we should <br>Dance all away across the greatest city in the nether world..."<p>- Central Park 09/24/03</font>

Comment

Wanna see the blood on my tongue from biting it so hard Soupy?
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

ooo, this looks like it could be fun!

If greebe says what i think he is going to say, i probably would have to agree with him...

a higher clock speed would have been very nice, especially considering FAA... ATI wouldn't have had a leg to stand on with their FSAA solution if FAA was beating it consistantly and constantly...
                  "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Greebes not the only one with incisor marks in his tongue

Dr. Mordrid
                    Dr. Mordrid
                    ----------------------------
                    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

aha i think i figured it all out
                      no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Why all the angry tongue biting in this room?

Hell, at least it isn't spit swapping

Rags

Comment

Hmmmm back to that old game are we?
                          DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

I REALLY would like to know WHAT were those words just about to fell off Greebe's and Doc's tongues... damn....
                            But, on the other hand, it's good to know there is smth. good worth keeping a NDA for....
                            Last edited by Gear; 13 November 2002, 15:45.
                            Loose bits sink chips.

Comment

@Gear

But, on the other hand, it's good to know there is smth. good worth keeping a NDA for....
                              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X