Possibe Parhelia Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibe Parhelia Problem?

Ok I've been messing around with my PINS file with my Parhelia so I can run the memory at 600mhz instead of 550mhz with the core running at 230mhz. I was running into problems with 3Dmark getting .Net Errors sometimes while running it (got same problems with the Matrox OC tool), so I decided to try out the UT2k3 benchmark setup it has as test for stabitily. The I started at 230/600 and it would crash hard to the desktop with windows telling me that a system error has occured and to reboot the system all displayed in 8-bit color. I then went to stock core of 220/600 did the same thing and then I went to stock speeds and I got the same excact error again! I was like WTF? The game runs fine playing it but crashes hard when running the bench mark. Has anyone else run into anything like this? I'm back at stock speeds BTW and everything besides the UT2k3 benchmark runs fine. The game crashes at the same point in the demo also.
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

What is your cpu temp???

I've found that I've had everything but UT2k3 stable with an overclocked system that seemed stable, but that intense cpu utilization seems to expose instability.....
    Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

its 42C @ 1.82Ghz...but I didnt have a problem with the benchmark in the demo either back a couple months ago...werid
      Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Try boosting your voltage....(helped in my case)....

Comment

I'm sure that the readme/release notes for the latest drivers mentions the UT2k3 benchmark crashing as a known issue... don't quote me on this though!
          DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Originally posted by GNEP
            I'm sure that the readme/release notes for the latest drivers mentions the UT2k3 benchmark crashing as a known issue... don't quote me on this though!
            Just checked...not there....

Comment

Originally posted by GNEP
              I know that I also read that somewhere!
              Specs:
              MSI 745 Ultra :: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ :: 1024 MB PC-266 DDR-RAM :: HIS Radeon 9700 (Catalyst 3.1) :: Creative Soundblaster Live! 1024 :: Pioneer DVD-106S :: Western Digital WD800BB :: IBM IC35L040AVVN07

Comment

UT2003 is really rough on the system, which is a Good Thing. My Radeon 8500LE managed a night of 3DMark or CodeCreatures at retail 8500 speeds without difficulty, but crashed in UT2k3 in less than a minute! I dropped the clocks back to LE level and now the game runs fine. Haven't tried voltmodding the card though.

But if the game always crashes at the _exactly_ same moment then something is probably wrong...

Comment

Working...
                X