Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• audio question

Hi all,

I want to import my minidisc recordings to my computer. Does anyone know of any minidisc drives. One of the sony vario computers has a minidisc drive. But I can't seem to find any mention of it online. I want to import the audio files to computer to manipulate in wavlab. Thanks
    ps I want to keep them digital, and not import them analogue thru the soundcard. Nunchal
    asus p4 533 c P4 2.53
    4x512 1066 samsung Rambus Ram ( @533)
    120gb or 80 gb system maxtor (ata 133 ) ( removable caddie)
    240 gb ( with 8 mb buffer) raid-o
    250 gb (w/ 8 mb buffer) removable caddie ( plus 10 gb ghost,250 Gb,160 GB,40 Gb, etc)
    Sony Mutli Format DVD burner
    samsung 40x cdrw burner
    Santa Cruz Turtle Beach Soundcard
    Aardvark 20/20 soundcard
    Matrox Rt.x100
    Ati Radeon 9800 pro
    19" Nec Fe991sb crt / 17" Crystalscan / Tv monitor
    Antec Server case SX1040BII and 400 watt power supply
    Xp Pro ( sp 2 )

There aren't any MiniDisc true drives. Sony promised them when they first came out with the technology, but then the entertainment wing came down hard on the component wing. You'll find some external MiniDisc drives, but they hook up to the computer for control purposes, and still have audio I/O connections. They can't be seen as a drive, and are only accessible through Sony's SoundStage app, which is a copy-protection hassle.

Get a soundcard with a digital input and record from there.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
    X