McDonalds to close 175 stores....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McDonalds to close 175 stores....

Lots of competition out there these days. In our area they are getting a lot of competition from Ralleys (GREAT fries & huge sandwiches) and Wendys.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Never even heard of Ralleys. Aren't any in the miswest I know of.

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

I've heard all about those White Castle hamburgers. Are they really that great?

Kevin

Comment

Know they have stores in Illinios, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin...

In the south they're called Checkers
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

We in Michigan call White Castle burgers "sliders". Mainly because they are so greasy and prone to cause "bowel accelerations" I personally avoid them at all costs.

Ralleys are all over Michigan. Their "Big Buford" is very good, as are their battered/spicy french fries and chili.

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I've heard all about those White Castle hamburgers. Are they really that great?
            LOL it's obvious you haven't

"Get the Crave"

They aren't bad, different. Steam grilled with onions (dehydrated), square shaped and put on a small dinner roll. Little cheese and some mustard and they aren't bad... but man do they give you gas! Oh lordeee do they give you gas!

Those be insidiously evil little burgers I tell ya!
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Rally's=Checkers

6 of one, half dozen of the other

Comment

Ralley's is good stuff. They have them in St. Louis Jammy. Good food, if you have to go fast food.
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

McDonald hamburgers are on my "yuky food" list!

They do a huge job of hiding it under tons of dressing....
                  If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

we have rallys in indiana as well... big everything there. when u get a large fry you actually get a large fry
                    www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Very true. Today I took a medium Buford meal to the wife at work and their medium fry is easily larger than McD's large. Their drinks are about 2 sizes larger for a givel size.

Dr. Mordrid
                      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Ever notice tha Mc Donald's fries go bad in justa few minutes? Since the use shortening their fries seem to cogulate into a hard disgusting mass of potatoes.
                        Titanium is the new bling!
                        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

and mcdonalds small fry consists of like 8 pieces..

sorry i hate mcdonalds, have for years
                          www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

I prefer Burger King myself, or a local place called Goody's, whose burgers are charbroiled and oh so tasty!.

The only good food at McDonald's are the Apple Pies. Everything else is mediocre. It's not hard to make a better tasting burger than McD's.
                            Titanium is the new bling!
                            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I like Wendy's fries.. when they are hot and fresh. Cold fries are awful.

Comment

Working...
                              X