Help with notebook "monitor"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with notebook "monitor"

I've got a problem with an ASUS AF1 series notebook. The notebook has been bought last year from a friend who has no knowledge of PCs, so she has never noticed the problem this PC has. And now I have to solve those problems

At the moment, my major problem is the LCD monitor. I must admit I'm not the smartest guy when we come at LCDs...
    However, this is the problem: the chipset support a wide range of video modes and the monitor -believing to the asus site- support them, too.
    Only, when I try to change res the system says it is impossible...I think that the lack of the monitor drivers (wich is installed as a Plug and Play monitor) could be the cause of the problem

But where do I find those drivers?
    Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

hmm, my dell lcd uses the default windows drivers.
    are you sure the correct videocard drivers are installed & not the windows generic ones?

Comment

Bare in mind that LCDs are optimised to one and only one resolution. Not much point in changing.

And what do you mean by "impossible to change res"? If you can't change to a higher res it could be that the display card doesn't have enough VRAM.
      P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
      Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
      And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT!!!!!!!!!

SHITTY Netmeeting!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drizzt
          SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT!!!!!!!!!

SHITTY Netmeeting!!!!

Comment

I've found the solution. It was all Netmeeting's falut.

Comment

Working...
            X