Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snipers Mohammad/Malvo sent to Virginia....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snipers Mohammad/Malvo sent to Virginia....

because Virginia has a fast-acting death penalty that can also be applied to 17 year olds

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

That is cruel

Comment

DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Well, either way none of us has any control over this guy's future. I wanted him to suffer like he did to the families of all the people he killed but if they just want to take the easy way out and rid him of his life than I can't do anything to stop it now.
          Titanium is the new bling!
          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Enjoy hell boys old satan will be stoking up his fires.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

This issue reminds me alot of Charles Manson and friends. Then, as now, it is impossible to imagine why they did what they did.

Comment

Originally posted by eftychios
                That is cruel
                Why? Because they don't get 20 years worth of redundent appeals and the right to shop judges?

As it is they'll be given automatic appeals through the State appellate and Supreme courts then a fast-track appeal through the Federal appellate and Supreme courts.

As it is Virginia might be the best place to get executed given that it gives a choice of lethal injection or electrocution. Some states still use hanging, the gas chamber (cyanide) or firing squads.

US execution methods by State (plus Federal and Military)....

As for Virginia executing 17 year olds: in many states they can go down to 15. Virginias minimum age for execution is 16.

Most states age of majority for signing contracts is 18 while the age of concent and driving is 16.

Dr. Mordrid
                Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 7 November 2002, 13:45.
                Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I was not refering to the legal proceedings. When I was 17 years old, not that long ago, I would do crazy things, but I had guidance from my parents. What guidance did that kid have?

We discussed the death penalty many times. I disagree with it and especially when it involves kids. He should be held responsible for his actions but I do hope that it will not involve the death penalty.

Comment

hmm i think this guy is still a kid. he was probably dragged into this by his father and didnt really know what was happening to him. he might deserve a 2nd chance.

would i want to see him dead if he killed anyone close to me? i'd probably want to kill him with my own hands.

but thats why this case will be judged by people who are (supposed to be) objective, we're also not living in the middle age anymore. and it wont bring anyone of the dead back either.
                    Last edited by thop; 7 November 2002, 13:56.
                    no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

1. Mohammad was not Malvo's father, stepfather or any other relation. Rumor here in the US is that they were lovers.

2. When I was 17 years old I was already in college, had my draft card (thereby qualifying me to go to war) and was fully responsible for my actions since Michiganians could at that time be tried as adults down to age 15 if the Juvinile Court approves the transfer.

At age 16 I was forced to participate in a firefight with a homicidal 17 year old. Why? Because my father and I were checking a noise in our barn at 1:00 AM. The a*****e had snuck up behind dad and was drawing a bead with a 12 guage shotgun.

IMHO if a 17 year old starts something like that he's old enough to pay the tab.

William Bonney (Billy the Kid) was only 16 when he shot his first man; Frank Cahill.

Dr. Mordrid
                      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 7 November 2002, 14:08.
                      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Was the 13 year old he shot old enough to be responsible for his role as an innocent victim?

Comment

Tell you what, we have a 16 year old on the forum here. Liquid Snake, are you so immature that if you blew someone away with a rifle you would be too stupid to know it was wrong? The idea is preposterous.

Comment

So is shooting God knows how many people in who knows how many states, killing the vast majority, and expecting to be treated as a juvenile

It's been all but confirmed by the police that Malvo did several of the shootings, as many suspected because of the differences in shooting "style" in several of them. If he triggered any of those murders he deserves whatever he gets.

If it were me I'd give 'em the firing sqaud and make it up of members of each affected family.

Dr. Mordrid
                            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 7 November 2002, 15:49.
                            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

You can't help wonder if the old guy wasn't the bad influence.
                              Would he have still done it if Mohammad wasn't there to inoculate him ?
                              Teenager, influenced and with Doc's first point in his previous post possibly true (ok, just rummors, still ) some of us still raise an eyebrow.
                              That only makes you more enraged towards the stepfather, damn bastard took another soul down with him

I think I would give him the choice (after a psychiatric exam) between life in prison without parole and death.
                              Since that can't be done, I'm glad I'm not justice at the Supreme Court.

Comment

Working...
                              X