OMG We really did Land on the Moon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG We really did Land on the Moon!

The Moon landings Consperisty was getting so bad that NASA had someone write a book to explain the Flag and so on that the consperisty theory people have been preaching for years :lol:

MSNBC breaking news and the latest news for today. Get daily news from local news reporters and world news updates with live audio & video from our team.
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Ha! I wish I'd seen this!

COMING TO BLOWS
    The controversy recently emerged from cyberspace in the person of Bart Sibrel, who has made a film questioning the Apollo moon missions and who confronted astronaut Buzz Aldrin at a Beverly Hills hotel on Sept. 9 and demanded that Aldrin swear on a Bible that he had in fact walked on the moon.
    The 72-year-old Aldrin, the second man ever to touch the lunar surface, punched the 37-year-old Sibrel in the face. Sibrel asked that assault charges be filed, but Los Angeles County prosecutors declined. A videotape of the incident showed Sibrel following Aldrin on the street with a Bible and calling him a "thief, liar and coward," one prosecutor said.
    Go Buzz.
    Last edited by KvHagedorn; 7 November 2002, 11:16.

Comment

Yeh it was a fake. They did it all in my back yard.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Look, people. It's easy to verify. Get a REALLY good telescope, and take a ****ING LOOK. Jesus.

- Gurm
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        If only life were as easy as you
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        If only life were as easy as you
        I would still get screwed

Comment

the Hubble should be able to find the landing sites and first footprint without batting an eyelash
          Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Those guys are the ones you call "loonies" right
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
              Look, people. It's easy to verify. Get a REALLY good telescope, and take a ****ING LOOK. Jesus.

- Gurm
              Yup, they left the Lunar Rover on the moon, find it there and you have your proof.

I think it was Buzz that said that all you need to power the thing again was a 36v battery and it would run once more?
              Titanium is the new bling!
              (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Hehe, they can't use the Hubble to look at the Earth or the moon very well. They've taken a few lunar pictures with it, but they wern't any better than you could get with any decent consumer telescope. The problem is it can't pan fast enough to track the moon clearly, let alone the Earth (which it orbits at a rather low altitude.)

Comment

Hubbles mirror is also not cut to the proper curvature to focus that close, or at least is isn't now.

Those with a mirror to focus that close are not "space telescopes" but are properly called KH-11 (KeyHole model 11 or later) spy satellites

When Hubble didn't focus on stars at first it was because they accidently cut a KH-11 mirror for it

Dr. Mordrid
                  Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 7 November 2002, 15:00.
                  Dr. Mordrid
                  ----------------------------
                  An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

There are very weird conspiracy theories around, this particular one about the moon landings are among the most famous but there is some other less known "theories".

One that always makes me smile is this one: There is some guy here in sweden, his name is "Bror blabla" can't remember his whole name, that believes that the WC of 58 in Sweden never took place, he believes it was merely an American experiment to see what kind of effect television had on the people. He has written a thick book on the matter with all kind of twisted "facts" and photos, and actually managed to get a few people to believe him. You should see looks of the nowadays very old Swedish players that played the final against Brazil when they were confronted with this "theory".

Comment

Lets not forget the weirdos who think that the reason that Estonia sunk was because they where driving a truck that was fully loaded with russian cocaine overboard

So we got a lot of weirdos in sweden....
                      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I saw that Fox documentary and for a while was pretty convinced it was a fake. Then I enganged my other braincell and started looking into things.
                        Like the low gravity and complete lack of any atmosphere to stop the flag swinging when they unfurled it.
                        Like the intensely bright sunlight that made it difficult to see undulations on the surface or the stars in the background.
                        Or the expert opinions that the Van Allen radiation belts would have killed the astronauts because their ship/spacesuits didnt have anything like enough sheilding, and forgot to mention how fast the rocket was going and how long they'd actually be in the belt.

I reckon they faked a few shots for publicity, but on balance I'd say they did go and did land.
                        Theres a Japanese probe going up in a few years that should be doing a close orbit flyby. Reckon they can take a picture of one of the landing zones?
                        Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

IMO If it was fake the Russians would know it.

They had satelites, telescopes, were proabably listening to american radio communications and had spies. If NASA would fake it, Russians would know for sure. And they would most certainly uncover it.

Comment

The moon landing was fake!!!.

The footage you see is really just a video of the game "lunar lander 2020" which fell through a time warp from the year 2020...

Comment

Hell, amongst other things, the Apollo 11 astronauts placed a mirror on the moon that to this day is used for measuring the distance between the earth and moon via a laser....
                              Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X