Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preferred 17-18" TFT for use with Parhelia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preferred 17-18" TFT for use with Parhelia?

Hi

I should be getting a Parhelia soon and want a flat panel to go on it. I will also be using my 19" IIyama Vision Master Pro 452 on it.

Can anyone recommend a good TFT for office use, max price ~£600? How about the NEC 1850E? Size should be 17"+ ideally.

Thanks

Tony.
    FT.

Something with a thin bezel - I have heard good things about the NEC and Samsung ones (don't bother with that designed by Porsche nonsense though)
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Cheers DM.

Perhaps if I rephrase the question I might get more responses:

Are there any specific flat displays that people would reccommend, up to £600UK. Is it worth mabye getting a smaller one with DVI-D?

TIA

T.
      FT.

Comment

How about:-

Check out the Eizo L565

Comment

I stumbled on the 18" LG TFT L1810B at Scan for £575. The spec sheet (.pdf) reads pretty impressively so I've ordered one. Well, I've asked someone to order one...long story.

T.
          FT.

Comment

Tony when you get it find out whats it like at games.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Looks good Tony. Ditto to TP's comment. And also (out of interest...) can you let me know how thick it would be when taken off the stand and mounted directly on the wall?

I have always wondered why someone can't come up with an LCD screen like we have on laptops, but for desktops - ie with really thin bezels and a really small depth. Any controller/power units I would be more than happy to have separately connected by a wire, or underneath. Robustness would surely be less of an issue with wall-mounted units!

I want something that looks like an elegant picture frame!

Gnep

Comment

I guess I could be persuaded to test some games on it and the Parhelia its coming with The 2.2 GHz P4 might help too

Response time is supposed to be 15ms rise & 15ms fall, so it looks promising!

Scan were selling some compact displays recently, for use how you describe George. They even had a photo of it hanging on the back of the drivers seat in a car!

T.
                FT.

Comment

Yeah but Tony I want one at least 18" and for under 300 quid!

By the way have you suddenly come into some money or something? A trust fund set up only to be spent on computer hardware? Must be that long lost geek-uncle!

Comment

LOL My plastic surgeon said I could have one at 18", but it would cost a lot more than £300

This is for my work - I'm setting up a departmental web server, which OBVIOUSLY needs top spec screens & gfx

Things may get swapped around a little to find the right 'balance'

Now starts the learning curve! I've not done any server side stuff before.

T.
                    FT.

Comment

Originally posted by GNEP
                      Lcan you let me know how thick it would be when taken off the stand and mounted directly on the wall?
                      From the spec sheet:

with base: 406 x 223 x 431mm
                      without base: 403 x 71 x 343mm

T.
                      FT.

Comment

Hmmm. Thanks Tony. That's still pretty thick (Go for the girth! That's what they've always told me counts... ).

George

Comment

Sharp 1820
                          Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GNEP
                            Hmmm. Thanks Tony. That's still pretty thick (Go for the girth! That's what they've always told me counts... ).

George
                            Girth is not something I've ever had a problem with
                            FT.

Comment

Me neither!

Comment

Working...
                              X