Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Happy Parhelia Thread

Don't post here, if you have MAJOR Parhelia problems

I've had my Parhelia since August 3. I've had no major issues with the card. Call me lucky. I'm definitely very thrilled with the card. Also, my Parhelia is now very with 3 of these since last week (I had 1 already w/ 2 Viewsonic A90)

I just want to here about everyones most excellent expierences in this thread.

Talk about all your negative Parhelia stuff somewhere else, PLEASE.

This is after all, the HAPPY Parhelia Thread

I love my parhelia... it has the best multimonitor support that i have ever seen, and the image quality is fantastic... FAA is wonderful...
    Last edited by DGhost; 7 November 2002, 13:14.
    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

I am happy with mine, surround gaming is great, I have one Iiyama 4315 17" TFT and 2 cheap AOC 17" CRTs, I will replace them with two more 4315 TFTs next year.

I have just upped my CPU to an XP2400, so I will get my copy of morrowind back from a mate and see if I can break it

Comment

Awesome quality.
        Now I want to buy new display for P.

Comment

This is definately the best card I have ever used and I dont know why I haven't bought Matrox in the past. Silly me Matrox provides the best techy, and I have had less problems with this card than any other nvidia or ATI card I've had in the past. I have also noticed that it works quite well with lower clocked machines. As even though FPS can be quite low the game is very stable and therefore verY!! playable I just cant wait to get a proper surround gaming setup
          THANK'S MATROX

Comment

I've never been more productive than I am now, with three displays for my Marketing work -- e-mail on the left, Word on the center for writing the next feature story, IE on the right for research.
            OFFICIAL EX- EMPLOYEE

<font size="1">"So now I'm dreaming<br>For myself I'm understanding <br>Performing there, one hundred thousand fans would gather one and all <br>And so decided, we could rule it all if we should <br>Dance all away across the greatest city in the nether world..."<p>- Central Park 09/24/03</font>

Comment

I just love surround pr0n.
              DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Plus, I like the way DVDMax or whatever we are calling it now works with the latest drivers.

BTW, game speeds haven't really changed much for me with driver releases (i'm cpu limited at 1.0GHz). But each release has added much improved functionality and ease of use. Much appreciated.

CEM
                System: P4 2.4, 512k 533FSB, Giga-Byte GA-8PE667 Ultra, 1024MB Corsair XMS PC333, Maxtor D740x 60GB, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, PCPower&Cooling Silencer 400.

Capture Drives (for now): IBM 36LZX 9.1, Quantum Atlas 10KII 9.1 on Adaptec 29160

Comment

...do I have to say it again and again?

I LOVE MY PARHELIA AND IT DOES EXACTLY WHAT I WANT IN AWSOME QUALITY, and I don't give a flying fook what anybody else thinks or says.

Got it?
                  Last edited by mutz; 7 November 2002, 23:48.
                  How can you possibly take anything seriously?
                  Who cares?

Comment

I have a Parhelia at work hooked up to 3 17" CRT and it is absolutely wonderful. I already had 3 screen even before having a parhelia. I was using a G450 and an old Millenium PCI card to drive them but now I got rid of that slow PCI thing.

Since I do some work with the overlay, I can have MSDev in one screen debugging my code, the app running on the secondary and the result on the overlay in DVDMax on third screen!!! it really is a blessing!

Guess what? I'm going to buy one for home next week since my GeForce2 is not able to run new games smootly and the image quality of the Parhelia is well beyond that GeFart scrap, which I paid over 500$CAN.

Comment

Right on!!! Mafz

Comment

It's the GREATEST card ever released by Matrox. I haven't had ANY serious issues whatsoever so far. No game problems, no driver problems, etc.

The only minor issue I saw was the blue runway in FS2002 and I cranked all settings to MAX and the problem went away so.... THERE!

It took me awhile to get my 2 extra monitors but now that I'm TH there's no turning back!

Way to go Matrox!

Nothing beats fraggin in widescreen...

WOOHOO for UT2003 in TH!

P.S. Of course I told my wife I ABSOLUTELY needed TH for my web based university courses
                        MrMikeman
                        <BR><FONT SIZE="1">
                        System 1 (MY baby!):
                        AMD Athlon 2000+, 512 MB DDR, Parhelia 128MB OEM, 3 X 17" Daytek's, 2 X 40 GB, 1 X 80 GB, Creative DVD 5X, Yamaha CDRWF1, SB Live! 5.1 & Creative 5300, Linksys 10/100, 3072 X 768 TH.
                        <BR>
                        System 2 (MAME rig):
                        PIII 800, G400MAX + RRG, 512 MB, SB 16, 10/100 NIC, real arcade monitor
                        <BR>
                        System 3 (Wife's):
                        Celeron 600 laptop, 192 MB, ATI Rage pro, 802.11b Wireless LAN
                        <BR>
                        System 4 (Kid's):
                        Durron 600, 512 MB, Radeon 64 VIVO, SB Live!, 10/100 NIC<BR>
                        </FONT>

Comment

I am seriously hooked on 3 screen Battlefield 1942

Comment

Great card!

Since around the end of July I am running a Parhelia, and I am happy with it! When I read the first reviews I got a bit worried, especially when the first Radeon 9700 reviews showed up.
                            But when the package arrived here, I was excited. That was the last part of my new rig which was missing (see my sig), I buolt it up, installed everything and I haven't had a single problem with the P. right on start-up. Everything worked, the colors are good, even on my crappy el-cheapo 17" CRT.
                            The only really problem I encountered has been the german train simulator "ZuSi", but a driver update fixed this
                            But that is about everything, the only issues I am having is a slow Action Half-Life (which I think is still a drivers bug) and a slow "Schiene und Strasse" (Trains and Trucks Tycoon).

The driver interface is clear and logical, sure, there aren't that much options to play around compared to some other drivers, but honestly the options included by Matrox is everything you need. I especially like the new application profiles feature in the drivers, it is even better than the one in the Kyro drivers! Good job here Matrox!

FAA works good, though I would also like to pint out that on some games it isn't very good, best example would be the MS Train Simulator, many parts of the trains don't get any or only slightly anti-aliasing.
                            But on the most games I played it works just great and it is the best looking AA I've seen yet. (haven't seen the 9700's 6xFSAA yet)
                            The performance of FAA is also ok, I have it enabled for the most games I am playing.

Anisotropic Filtering is one of the main things I am bitching about, typedef enum already stated in his review that Matrox should do something there and I just can agree there. The 2xAF setting helps, but compared to other cards it is pretty poor. Also the AF speed is IMHO way too slow.

Overall I am happy with the Parhelia and I don't regret the decission to buy this great card. The drivers are good and keep getting better, the IQ is great and the performance is good, what do you want more? Well, I just want faster AF
                            Another thing I would like to comment on is the great support from Matrox, on their forums Haig and his team really care about problems of the users, I haven't seen such a good support from any other company. Thumbs up there!
                            I am currently saving money for a new CRT screen and might get two additional 17" screens to try out TH mode.
                            Specs:
                            MSI 745 Ultra :: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ :: 1024 MB PC-266 DDR-RAM :: HIS Radeon 9700 (Catalyst 3.1) :: Creative Soundblaster Live! 1024 :: Pioneer DVD-106S :: Western Digital WD800BB :: IBM IC35L040AVVN07

Comment

Yo ! ......... the "Happy Thread" is back !

It has been so good to read all your "HAPPY" coments regarding this brilliant card.... I have read so much negative stuff !
                              Where do they get all that poo poo negativity from ?
                              Clearly there are many misguided inexperienced individuals poo poo-ing what they don't have or understand !

I have said it before and here it is again ... "I have had nothing but joy from my Parhelia !"

Surround Gaming is the future ... and has to be experienced !
                              The next generation of this card is going to be soooooooo good !

Thanks to "SitFlyer" for this "HAPPY THREAD" ! ...
                              My Systems :
                              Athlon 64 FX-55, 580W-Tagan SLi, Asus A8N SLi Deluxe, 2 x 74Gb WD Raptor 10K RPM RAID, 2 GB Corsair TwinX-XL, 2 x 512Mb PCI-E GF7800GTX SLI, SB Audigy2, Dell 2405FPW.

P4 3.2GHz - ABIT IC7-G – Matrox Parhelia 128 8x AGP - 2GB 3200 DDR
                              480W Whisper Quiet PS - 2 x 160 GB HD - 3 x 19” Viewsonic TFT’s 3840x1024
                              Surround Gaming - The way it's meant to be played

Comment

Working...
                              X