Jedi knight 2 :Outcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jedi knight 2 :Outcast

Right I have just installed it on my PC and for some reason I can get to the menu fine etc, but when I launch a game the loading bar does go up very slowly then just stops. Usually I have to press escape to go back to the main menu I have tried with verious settings on the Parhelia itself and I' am currently using the 1.2.0.42 driver set Any suggestions?
    thx in advance
    Andy
    Oh and Outcast is fully patched

It does take a long time to load levels on the Parhelia. Once loaded, it's fine however. And the first time a level is loaded is a lot slower.

So try leaving it for a while when on the loading screen - it could just be taking a long time, not crashed.
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

I'll try letting it load for a few minutes then, Basically it hasn't crashed it's just that it appears to be taking a long time to load GNEP. Oh and is it better to run it with or without apptimiser?
      thx

Comment

Apptemiser doesn't really change that much - run it anyway I guess to set up things like (I think) gl_extensions and disable volumetric shadows (again, you'd better check on these settings properly by doing a search here or on the Matrox tech support forums).

By the way, I run it with FAA and Aniso at 1024x768 (there's not much point in going higher once FAA is on!) - set this in the drivers - if using the 1.02 drivers, do a scan for it or add it manually as an application-specific setting.

Comment

its not parhelia only, my 8500 loads VERY SLOWLY

Comment

Make sure you ran Apptimizer since it will turn on various settings in the game which are not on by default, like GL Extensions. As for the loading, it's because it's compressing 1024x1024 textures, all 200 megs of them which don't fit on a 128 megs board. We are working on making it load faster in the next drivers, you'll be surprised how fast it will load, stay tuned,

Regards,
            "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

Comment

Cool - as ever, you are a star R0M!

Comment

Thanks and that sounds GRReat ROM! I cant wait to get my hand on the next driver set, any idea when they will be released?

Comment

Soon (TM)

Comment

Well it's working and it looks! Great!!
                    I cant wait to see what the new dirvers can do for the long loading times

Comment

Working...
                    X