Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leadtek Winfast TV2000 XP

Me again, once more asking opinions on hardware

As a few might remember, I was the guy building a rig out of spare parts and wanting to run NT4 so he could use the ancient Mystique220-RRS he had rather than buy something decent

Well, after lots of BSODs when using NT4, some total system lockups with 2000 Advance Server and a almost stable 2000Pro SP3 install, I've come to the conclusion that either the RRS I have is broke or Matrox's drivers for NT/2000 are crap.

Either way I'm now looking at replacing the RRS with a Radeon 7000VE (I bought it for someone else and suffered the curse of ATI drivers to the point where I stuck in a 2nd hand Voodoo3000 instead) and a TV capture card.
    The one that caught my eye was the Leadtek Winfast TV2000 XP Deluxe which I can get for the princely sum of £41.50

I know from a few other 'review' sites that Leadtek is supposed to make the only GeForce cards with a decent 2d quality, so I'm assuming this wont be too bad.

All I'll want to do with it is some short video capture from VCR and probably some back the other way (or I can use the G400Max's TV out on my main rig).
    Spec for the system this will be sitting in is : Duron 800 (multiplier unlocked and has run at 1000+ before), ECSK7S5A mobo, 768mb PC133/Cas2, Adaptec 39160 Scsi, 10k-rpm 36gb W-Ultra Scsi3 (system) 4xSeagate Cheetah 9.1gb 10k-rpm W-Ultra Scsi3 in software Raid-0 under Windows 2k SP3. (Pretty quick)

Anyone got any opinions on the card?

TIA
    Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

I hear drivers are iffy....

Go for an Avermedia instead....
    Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

I found three reviews of the card, and one did say the drivers for video capture captured the screen upside down. Another said they had problems but fixed it with a driver update.

I'll look out for the Avermedia and see if it fits inside my budget, thanks.
      Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Working...
      X