i dont believe it... (sigh)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i dont believe it... (sigh)

it was a morning like any other... girlfriend got up had a shower and said goodbye and walked out the door... seconds later she came running back in with tears in her eyes and said -

"i am soooo sorry... i am soo sorry.... but i have just reversed into your new car!"

i sunk my head into my pillow and pretended i didnt hear what i did...

sigh.... i haven't even paid the first payment for the damn thing yet... now i didnt really care that much in the morning, being really tired, and her crying and that i just couldnt have been bothered... i didnt even look at the damage until later when i had to get up...

after looking at the damage the front right exterior needs to be replaced along with the front blinker light... so not that much damage but still its there... and funny enough she only has a scratch on the bumper... (both cars are Mitsubishi lancers sedans 99')

i went to work anyways using my girlfriends car and was not really that bothered until i got to work... and explained what happened to some of my work mates... and after talking to them i just got so mad.... because they were like.... "so did you really give it to her!?" and i felt like an idiot when i replyed with a "ummmm....ye......ummmm...no....ummmm..F%$#!"

anyways i got more hyped at work and left early because the anger was growing inside me... and i spent the rest of the day fixing it up so i could drive it the next day because the exterior right hand side was bent in touching the tyre...

she said she would pay for the damages and said sorry for it and that.... but that was it... and sorry but i need a little more forgiveness than that... like a special night out appology or even an appology card or something!!... but nothing...

we have been going out for almost 3 years and well this has just made me really sour.... bah...

so what are your thoughts.... ?

Terrafin
    |CPU|Intel P4 2.8GHz(800MHz) @ 3.4GHz(980MHz)|CPU Cooling| CoolerMaster Hyper 6 CPU Heatsink & Fan, Arctic Silver 5 |Mobo|MSI 865PE Neo2-FIS2R (Bios 2.4)|RAM|2 x 256MB Geil PC3200 RAM, Dual Channel, 5:4, 2-3-3-5|HDD|2 x WD 36G 10000RPM SATA (8MB Buffer), RAID 0|Video Card|256MB Sapphire x800pro VIVO 475/450@540/520, 16 pipelines enabled, 3D Connect bios|Video Card Drivers|Omega v2.5.90|CD-RW|LiteOn CD-RW|LCD|17" ViewSonic VP171s|PSU|Enhance 400W|K&M|Logitech MX Duo|OS|Windows XP, SP2, DirectX 9c

accidents happen... personally i think it would be unhealthy to stay angry about it... and especially to someone who you have been going out with for 3 years...

i wouldn't be upset just because friends think that you should have let her have it... its really none of their business how you and your girlfriends relationship is, and the fastest way to kill a relationship is to be too harsh in situations like that...

personally, that totally sucks... i probably would be upset if it happened to me as well... but, i usually can't stay upset at my girlfriend for long, and it is important to say "shit happens" and move on...
    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Stop listening to your mates.

Friend of mine did that. He'd been married several years, 3 young kids, nice house. They argued more than average but loved each other.
      Then he gets a job that means he has to attend college classes with 'kids' 5-6 years younger than himself.

Next thing I know, he's asking me to sign witness to his divorce papers and he's leaving his wife & kids. He keeps the house, she moves with all 3 kids out into a 2-room 3rd floor flat in a really crappy part of town. And she still loves him.

I dont think he's been truely happy since. I cant be sure because neither I or any of his old mates have wanted to speak to him since the divorce.
      Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

yeah my mates kinda did put me in an angry mood but i guess i still just going though that stage were i will just feel mad at her... it will just take time i guess... the thing i pissed about the most though is... if the situation was reversed, she would have ripped my head off... and i would have been more sorry and appologetic towards the situation...

hehe i kinda feel like goerge in sienfield were he doesnt get makeup sex... hahaha

Terrafin
        |CPU|Intel P4 2.8GHz(800MHz) @ 3.4GHz(980MHz)|CPU Cooling| CoolerMaster Hyper 6 CPU Heatsink & Fan, Arctic Silver 5 |Mobo|MSI 865PE Neo2-FIS2R (Bios 2.4)|RAM|2 x 256MB Geil PC3200 RAM, Dual Channel, 5:4, 2-3-3-5|HDD|2 x WD 36G 10000RPM SATA (8MB Buffer), RAID 0|Video Card|256MB Sapphire x800pro VIVO 475/450@540/520, 16 pipelines enabled, 3D Connect bios|Video Card Drivers|Omega v2.5.90|CD-RW|LiteOn CD-RW|LCD|17" ViewSonic VP171s|PSU|Enhance 400W|K&M|Logitech MX Duo|OS|Windows XP, SP2, DirectX 9c

Comment

hehe... just be careful and keep the issues seperate... the issue of the way you two cope with each others anger versus hitting the car... i would approach the anger issue seperately, as the sort of feeling of unbalance that it could cause might be problematic...
          "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Don't let a car come between you (she is more important than any object)...
            Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Originally posted by K6-III
              Don't let a car come between you (she is more important than any object)...
              Unless its a TVR or a Ferrari, of course
              Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

If there's one thing libras must learn is not to give a shit about what other people say.

Comment

three years, that's too long to stay mad over what was an accident you know. It's a car, yes that's an investment of huge proportions, but still it's a car, a hunk of aluminum that you paied far more than the car itself costs to make. In other words...let it slide for now, if you care for her, (ok maybe a little forced groveling just for fun...), my advice anyway.

~Sethos
                  "...and in the next instant he was one of the deadest men that ever lived." – Mark Twain

Comment

IMO, if she came back inside in tears and saying sorry then she probably means it. Forgive and forget.
                    Titanium is the new bling!
                    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by DGhost
                      hehe... just be careful and keep the issues seperate... the issue of the way you two cope with each others anger versus hitting the car... i would approach the anger issue seperately, as the sort of feeling of unbalance that it could cause might be problematic...
                      hehe yeah good point.... but its just sooooo temping to use that in later arguements to get the upper hand... haha j/k...

i guess it has made our relationship stronger more than anything... because now whatever she does, that isnt as worse as the car hitting thing, will be brushed off easily...

thanks for the feedback guys...

Comment

Working...
                      X