Wanted: Name of song and artist, French and Canadian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: Name of song and artist, French and Canadian

OK, I've been looking for this for around 2 year snow, never realized that MURC would have some Canadians that should know (and possibly others as well).

I would very much like to know the name of a song and the band that sang it. Here is my description (no, do not laugh.)

Band: Canadian, I think they are called something like "Kate andrewmeguilar".
    Singer: Female (or a guy who's circumcision went way way wrong)
    Lyrics: A lot of "Politique", the rest I don't get
    Music: Sounds frenchies to me, bit of harmonica, bass, guitar, drums? No instrument really on the forefront.

This gonna work?
    Umf
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

I dunno, your going to have to be a little more specific. Is it french canadian or english canadaian? There is a HUGE difference between the 2.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

And if you can give any more of the lyrics, it would help out alot. You can go to www.lyrics.com to find the lyrics by artist but no search on the lyrics themselves. Have to do web search.

Liquid Memory
      Peace Out.

WORLD PEACE

Think IT. Live IT. Be IT.

<a href="http://bellsouthpwp.net/L/i/Liquid-Memory/fearit/index.htm">F.E.A.R. IT</a>
      Free Enterprise About Reality

Comment

Oh, sry...

French Canadian. I think it's a song known in a lot of ****ries and it's not Celine Dion (which sorta should point to the right band methinks, how many French Canadian Bands/Artisits got a hit outside Canada? LOL)

The titile could inlcude something like "pour catherine", but bot sure.

I also think it ends with "la la lala lala la laaaa"..... (no, really)

The song may well be from thew 70's or 80's, not sure either. Also noteworhty may be that each couplet (?) seems to be a note higher than the pervious one ?!?

Umf

BTW, what's the song about?
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

If it's 70's or 80's then I don't know. There were a ton of bands back then and all their music sounded alike.
          Titanium is the new bling!
          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

There were a ton of bands back then and all their music sounded alike.
            Funny, that's what I think of contemporary (pop)music....
            Umf

Comment

what about this

just did a search for: kate canadian Politique music

Comment

Complainte Pour Ste Catherine done by Kate Anna McGarrigle.

Still looking for the lyrics and song.

Liquid Memory
                Peace Out.

WORLD PEACE

Think IT. Live IT. Be IT.

<a href="http://bellsouthpwp.net/L/i/Liquid-Memory/fearit/index.htm">F.E.A.R. IT</a>
                Free Enterprise About Reality

Comment

THAT"S THE ONE!!! Thx Guys! MURC saves the day yet again! Gonna study what the song is all about (could it be anal sex )
                  Umf

Comment

Working...
                  X