Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• capture and edit video

Hi all gurus,
    I'm the owner of Marvel G400,2xHD,PII450 and I think typical situation.
    I've got recorded in Hi8 standard video and I'd like to capture it to PC and then edit(cut,filter etc.) with MSP6.Then my goal is record it back to the Hi8 tape plus make archive to CDR with of course the best possible quality.

So my questions are following:
    1.Am I thinking correct if I capture with Huffyuv v2.1 no matter what I do next in MSP the quality should be the same (lossless)-of course if I don't change this codec?
    2.If I capture with Matrox MJPEG situation is different-it means more activity like "create" and edit decrease it's quality?
    3.If both above are correct the sequence is following:
    -capture in Huffyuv
    -edit With MSP in Huffyuv
    -when all is done print the result to tape and convert with any codec to CDR
    4.But what about (using any codec) with Frame Based Or Field Order A or B?
    5.Is it better to make conversion before compression Huffyuv to uncompressed?
    6.Is there any additional trick not mentioned above?

Sorry buddies for such big list of questions but I'm gonna surprise my family with vacation video ;-)
    Great thx for any help

Traveller

1. as long as the the project settings are the same as the files specs the quality should stay the same as long as smart render is turned on in MSPro.

2. rendering to a codec only reduces quality if #1 is not the case or you use an effect that requires recompression. Filters, transitions, overlay effects and moving paths fit this criteria.

3. Sounds like a plan to me.

4. For video destined for playback on TV's you need to use field B. VCD also requires field B. For video destined for computer playback frame mode is the order of the day.

5. edits can be done with either YUY2 or HuffYUV with little difference. Do the encoding after the edits.

6. Lots . But you are on the right track. For MPEG encoding for use on the CD I'd recommend the latest version of Tsunami (beta 12). This is one excellent encoder. Just remember to set it to Super-High Quality in the Settings page.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 01 August 2000).]

Comment

great thanx for explanation
      Traveller

Comment

Working...
      X