Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DX 8.2 & Detornator 41.03!

DX8.2 & Det. 41.03!
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

This so-called DX8.2 only contains an updated DirectPlay 8.2 and is not recommended for general installation. There are already quite a few reports of problems after the install.
    The DirectDraw and D3D parts have not been updated and are exactly the same as in DX8.1 anyway.
    But we named the *dog* Indiana...
    My System
    2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
    German ATI-forum

Comment

Installed DirectPlay 8.2 yesterday and played some UT2003demo online with no problems.
      Haven't tested it over the LAN yet, everybody's playing CS and I hate that game (ducks for cover).
      You might have problems not seeing and not being seen by people with older DX versions.

About the 41.03 detonators, they ****ed the registry entries again so most refresh utils out there won't work with it. You're down to RefreshLock (limited to 85Hz max) and maybe PowerStrip (haven't tested it).
      They added a new "Performance and Quality" section with a Performance slider (can select Application, Balanced and Aggressive) and also moved the anisotropic and AA options there.
      AF is now applyed to both APIs instead of individual options.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral
        They added a new "Performance and Quality" section with a Performance slider (can select Application, Balanced and Aggressive) and also moved the anisotropic and AA options there.
        AF is now applyed to both APIs instead of individual options.
        Sounds like a copy of ATIs catalyst driver settings menu...
        My System
        German ATI-forum

Comment

170+ KBs per second for the 8.2 Update. *File hoarding in progress.* I'll add that to my 2.92 GB of drivers, Bios and APIs. Feelin' a bit bloated. *Burp!* Much better.

Comment

The NT4 drriver appears to be corrupted on their site. Go here instead for that one.

Comment

Actually, there are TWO versions of DX8.2 - one of them is a Directplay update only. The other is FULL DirectX 8.2 redist.

To find out which YOU have, fire up dxdiag, and if it still says 8.1 with a bunch of 8.2 files, you have the DP update. If it says 8.2, you have full DX8.2 - yay!

- Gurm
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              If only life were as easy as you
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              If only life were as easy as you
              I would still get screwed

Comment

But even in the "full" DX8.2 the D3D components are said to be exactly the same as in the previous DX8.1b
                My System
                German ATI-forum

Comment

Originally posted by High_Jumbllama
                  The NT4 drriver appears to be corrupted on their site. Go here instead for that one.
                  Forget that NVidia's seems to be corrupted too for NT4. 2K/XP is good though.

Comment

I was wondering WTF Combat Flight Sim 3 was talking about when it called out Dx8.2
                    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Working...
                    X