Refresh problem finally SOLVED!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refresh problem finally SOLVED!!!!!!

From the author of RefreshLock, finally the last solution for the refresh problem on Win2K/WinXP !!!!!!!

I'ts a proggy named RefreshForce, I've tried it yesterday after having gained a huge headache playing a week with Dungeon Siege @59,7hz.
    It works!!!

RefreshForce
    Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Used RefreshForce for ages, didnt know that people actually HAD this problem anymore.

Yeah, it really works.

Pe-Te

Comment

Been using Powerstrip for years and years. I _never_ had this problem.

- Gurm
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

I don't like Powerstrip. I've tried it a lot of time, but each time I use it I start having nausea for that horrible UI

Comment

Yeah, the UI sucks but the functionality is worth it.

Currently, powerstrip is the ONLY tool available (that I know of) that lets me tweak the SiS 745 chipset (latency and whatnot).

- Gurm
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          I would still get screwed

Comment

However, even if RefreshForce is everything I needed, I still have problems with the Matrox built-in limit for maximum refresh is 85Hz...

I think I will ask for solution over their forum, and start a bit of pandemonium over the net if they don't solve it really fast

Comment

Don't know about the Parhelia but the built in refresh util worked fine when I had the G400. You could set it up in 1Hz increaments, only pain was you had to set it for each bit mode (8, 16, 24, 32) and for each resolution individually.

Refresh Force only forces refresh rates for D3D on my GF3. Was using NVRT but it doesn't work anymore with the 41.03 drivers so I'm back to RefreshLock, although limited to 85Hz max.

Comment

Admiral, think about this:
                You have a lot of money and choose to buy a new car.
                After a lot of thinking, you decide to take a Ferrari as it is a very important name and because the car has 400 HP and fit well with the new racing circuit you have made build for your fun.

You buy it, go home and feel that the engine is not that powerful. After a bit of test, you discover that it has ONLY 60HP!!! You call Ferrari, ask where are all the remaining HP, and they reply you:
                "They are blocked, we have thought that 60 HP more than enough for people. However, you can always open the engine bay and unlock them by" and they teach you the way to spend a few day to unlock all the car's HP.

Now, I've spent a lot of money to buy my G400 at the time because it had high video quality and a super RAMDAC that would have allowed me to have higher refresh rate. And to couple, I've spent a lot (for me) of money to buy a monitor capable of higher frequencies.
                After this, I discover that I can't have more than 85Hz because for Matrox they are more than enough!!!!!
                And, to unlock all the refresh mode that Matrox promised me (I still have the box of the card with all the maximu refresh of every single res) I have to spend days to unlock them!!!

So, I DON'T WANT to waste time unlocking them. I have the right to have what I have paid for!!!

Maybe it's time to start a bit of caos about the problem...I think this could couple well with the other Matrox's product problems that are coming to surface in this days... (see P)

Comment

I get it yo have a G400 ?
                  Isn't there an advanced monitor setting option (or something like that) in the drivers that allows you to do what I talked about before ?
                  If it is as I remember it, it's still the most advanced refresh rate tool I've seen incorporated in drivers to date.

nVidia just adde such thing, only for D3D and even for that it doesn't work.
                  While ATI, I remember a month or so ago they promised to add a refresh rate tool in the drivers, don't know if they added it by now, maybe someone with an ATI card can tell us.

Last edited by Admiral; 4 November 2002, 09:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral
                    I get it yo have a G400 ?
                    Isn't there an advanced monitor setting option (or something like that) in the drivers that allows you to do what I talked about before ?
                    If it is as I remember it, it's still the most advanced refresh rate tool I've seen incorporated in drivers to date.

[
                    yes! it is there, right in the powerdesk drivers, both for the gxxx cards and the parhelia, I can manually set what ever refreshrate I want, the only limitation is my monitor.

you don´t need utillities for that if you have a matrox card, even my old mystique(the original), had this feature in its driver.
                    This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

i love you Drizzt !!!! -- powerstrip doesnt like my parhelia, and EVEN though i cant use it for OpenGL, my CS D3D is now running at 120Hz .. i should try 200 haha...

again, thanks!!! that reforce rate force fixer sure was helpful

*bow bow*

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral

While ATI, I remember a month or so ago they promised to add a refresh rate tool in the drivers, don't know if they added it by now, maybe someone with an ATI card can tell us.
                        [
                        That feature is in the next official WHQL-drivers witch should be released pretty soon. Its nice to have actual ATI people telling us these things @ Rage3D.

Pe-Te

Comment

Originally posted by Drizzt
                          Admiral, think about this:
                          You have a lot of money and choose to buy a new car.
                          After a lot of thinking, you decide to take a Ferrari as it is a very important name and because the car has 400 HP and fit well with the new racing circuit you have made build for your fun.

You buy it, go home and feel that the engine is not that powerful. After a bit of test, you discover that it has ONLY 60HP!!! You call Ferrari, ask where are all the remaining HP, and they reply you:
                          "They are blocked, we have thought that 60 HP more than enough for people. However, you can always open the engine bay and unlock them by" and they teach you the way to spend a few day to unlock all the car's HP.

Now, I've spent a lot of money to buy my G400 at the time because it had high video quality and a super RAMDAC that would have allowed me to have higher refresh rate. And to couple, I've spent a lot (for me) of money to buy a monitor capable of higher frequencies.
                          After this, I discover that I can't have more than 85Hz because for Matrox they are more than enough!!!!!
                          And, to unlock all the refresh mode that Matrox promised me (I still have the box of the card with all the maximu refresh of every single res) I have to spend days to unlock them!!!

So, I DON'T WANT to waste time unlocking them. I have the right to have what I have paid for!!!

Maybe it's time to start a bit of caos about the problem...I think this could couple well with the other Matrox's product problems that are coming to surface in this days... (see P)
                          I am not one to cut Matrox slack, but this problem isn't a Matrox problem. In fact, Matrox is the only company to offer a way around the problem. ATI, NV, and the others have to use this to enable higher refreshes. Seems to me Matrox has been ahead of the game and you just missed that part.

VigilAnt
                          VigilAnt

Comment

However, it caused one major .. disturbance in my force.. the MMORPG i'm betaing now wont start in anything except 640x400 ..

Anyone have any tips for what modes i should be putting in extra in reforce? it was 1024x768 default... perhaps i'll try adding 60,75,85 hz as well in that reforce.. *me tries*

Comment

Setting the original defaults fixed this issue.. i must be sending a bugreport and talk to the devs about this, reforce is too good

Comment

Working...
                              X