Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Desktop Dreamscapes (3D desktop) - P banding with it ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desktop Dreamscapes (3D desktop) - P banding with it ?

click here

It's a 3D Desktop based on the Far Gate game.
    Was wondering how it behaves with the Parhelia ?

Not nice. When you get the big screen sun-flares is very noticeable
    "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen Roberts

µße®LørÐ - A legend in his underwear
    Member of For F*ck Sake UT clan
    DriverHeaven administrator
    PowerVR Network administrator

Comment

I don't see the banding, but then again I don't know how it should look.

But with this 3d-desktop i have another problem: After running it for 10 minutes or enabling the freeze feature the whole system crashes.
      After reboot WinXP shows me an error screen saying that the "Matrox Parhelia 128mb caused the problem. Do you want to send an error-report?"
      PIII 1Ghz|AbitSa6R|512mb Kingston|Matrox Parhelia 512 Retail|80gb WD & 30gb IBM 75gxp|Diamond MX300 A3d 2.0|36xcdrom|6x32AopenDVD|Sony DRU500A|Intel Pro 10/100 S|IIyama Vision Master Pro 450 | Celly 300a@450 'server' powered by a G400MAX

Comment

Hmm, my system freezes after like 10 secs
        Peter Aragon
        Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

I'm using DVI and was able to *finally* reproduce it to screen capture.

banding?

I did no editing to the screen capture. The parts other than the lil screen in the corner look like it's flickering heavily. Like sometimes watching the news, you can see the monitors in back flickering and having horizontal lines moving up and down them.

It doesn't happen often for me. Only when I force 4X FSAA..which I never use anyways.

1.73TBredB@1.67(166X10)@1.6V
          ASUS A7N8X
          Corsair 1GB PC3200
          Parhelia 128MB
          EIZO L685EX

Comment

I can't see it in the screenshot, and I doubt anybody can. It shouldn't BE in a screenshot.

From what we've seen so far, it appears to probably be interference on the output of the Parhelia, and since screenshots read from the frame buffer (at the latest), the interference doesn't occur yet at that point.

Also, are you using DVI-A or DVI-D? People are already reporting that it doesn't happen at all on DVI-D.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Yeah, you can't actually see the banding but it's there where the windowed UT isn't.

That is what my picture looks like while it's banding tho'.

I'm using DVI-D. It's very hard reproduce. I did it once with the reef demo, took a screenie and couldn't do it again. It does, however, look the same as the screenie I gave. It's not a big problem for me tho' since it rarely, hardly ever happens.

If it is interference, any pointers on reducing it?

ASUS A7N8X
              Corsair 1GB PC3200
              Parhelia 128MB
              EIZO L685EX

Comment

If it's DVI-D, it's not the banding. What kind/how many monitors are you running.
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Ok, well I called it DVI flickering a while back. That was what it looked like to me. But since the "banding" stuff came up..I figured the horizontal lines looked like "bands" and I thought everyone was seeing the same thing as me finally.

Of course, english isn't my first language so I might not have taken what "banding" means correctly.

I'm running an IBM T85D 18"

It's about 2-3 years old now...I'm having a hard time finding specs for you on IBM's site.

ASUS A7N8X
                  Corsair 1GB PC3200
                  Parhelia 128MB
                  EIZO L685EX

Comment

i just download it .
                    never had a 3d desktop before they are great .
                    it only seems to work on two of my 3 screens though on 1024 x 768 on each and when i drop down to 800 x 600 on each it shows up on 2 and then takes up half of the desktop on the other.
                    werid.
                    but i dont think it was design with triple head in mind
                    The underlying fact of the essence of life is if you stand on your head everything becomes upsid edown

Comment

Working...
                    X