• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parhelia bad image quality!!??

my system:

AMD XP 2000+
    Abit KTA7 (VIA 4.49)
    512MB SDRAM133
    Matrox Millennium G400 MAX (5.91, AGP 2x)
    Windows XP Prof

I'm getting sick of all this reviews. look at one in person and judge it yourself, it's you who's going to spend 3 years looking at it.

Comment

hi,

imho the Parhelia is
      1. better than a ATI8500 (that´s my only comparison i have)
      2. primary for 3 TFT´s

anyway, i don´t see that the P. is "bad" - it is just not the best, that´s all
      de hülben seck de ü.

Comment

I don't really understand the way they judge the image-quality over there as well.
        When looking at the graphs they show there the Parhelia doesn't look that bad - it's more a sine wave than a square, but it's rise and fall times are symmetric and it has perfect color matching, so it's not that bad at all.

I can't really understand how they come to give R8500 boards a better rating than old Radeon boards or R9700 based boards as well (and if I look at those graphs, the Hercules 9700Pro does look better to me than the Radeon64MB DDR, although they rate the latter one better..).

In my experience the G400 has near to perfect signal quality, the other cards I've seen can be rated the following (from bad to good):
        - ASUS VT3400TNT (NVidia RivaTNT based card with simply outstanding bad quality)
        - Geforce256 DDR (was a friends one, don't know the manufacturer)
        - GF3 (original, non-Ti, I think ASUS)
        - Radeon8500LE Built-by-ATI (my own card, only mediocre IQ)
        - Radeon 64MB DDR VIVO (good IQ)
        - Radeon9700Pro BBA (very good IQ, between the Radeon VIVO and the G400)
        - G400 (the gold-standard in IQ for me until now)

As a sidenote I've shortly seen a G450 and that was not quite up to the G400's 2D sharpness. Didn't see a G550 or a Parhelia in action, though, so I cannot comment on these.
        But we named the *dog* Indiana...
        My System
        2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
        German ATI-forum

Comment

Not bad either. I could buy a G550. It's MUCH cheaper than a P!

Comment

I'm looking forward to experts' comments on this comparison test. I think this is exactly the right topic we should talk about. The image quality is the center of concern of all of us here. If P cannot even top the others in this aspect, what else can we still expect?
            By the way, the blief/trust on Matrox is OK. But it doesn't necessarily mean, that no evidence is needed to show, that the trust/belief makes sense.
            Last edited by chaoliang; 3 November 2002, 09:46.

Comment

You've got some expert advice right here:

Comment

ElDonAntonio: Thanks for the hint.

Comment

anytime

Comment

But still, how to explain the tech-channel tests?

Comment

Working...
                    X