Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got Parhelia, some newbie questions

Hi all,

Please would you take 30sec or so to answer my questions... thanks a lot!!

I have latest driver, running WinXP.

1. My card runs VERY VERY hot, my finger can't stay on the ram chips for longer than 2 seconds. Is that normal? (I don't have a case, room temp around 24oC) Even the PCB is hot!

2. No go at 3DMark2001SE b330 Stopped suddently at hi-quality car crash demo...

3. It won't remember windows position when changing res (like going in and out of a game). Usually I put msn, icq, mbm etc on 2nd display. And on my g400, after I change back to the desktop everything will go back to its given position. My now it won't. I have dual-head setup, one 1280x1024, one 1024x768.

4. A bit off-topic but, I have another brand new Parhelia for sale, can I post it in this forum? If so, which area?

Again, thanks a lot!!!!

Cheers
    P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
    Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
    And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

1. P's ram get HOT, like >50c hot.
    2. 3DMark2k3 shouldn't crash.
    3. dunno, don't run public drivers
    4. The place to sell is MURCs Happy Shopper (you've never noticed this before?)
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Thanks for your answer but... 3DMark2003?!??

And no I didn't know there is MURCs Happy Shopper... thanks for the info.

Thank you Greebe!
      And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

The memory chips do run remarkably hot for a bga solution...ramsinks help somewhat....
        Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Why should BGA run any cooler?
          Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

More surface area to dissipate heat....(both top and bottom)...

Comment

Ramsinks, something they should consider with the revised P release.

Wy, try running 3DM with your case opened (and maybe also holding a case fan aimed at it while it's running or opening the window) to eliminate the heat connection.

Comment

Hi,

I don't even have a case. Been using Senfu "FISHTANK".
                Nothing is overclocked, cpu ram parhelia everything is at default speed.
                And it definitely is not a psu problem. Although my psu ain't a good one, it is rated 400w and I have only 1 case fan running.

And, would you guys please tell me, how do I check whether my P has banding issue or not?

Thanks a lot.

Comment

especially since the mem is underclocked.
                  no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Originally posted by WyWyWyWy
                    Hi,

I don't even have a case. Been using Senfu "FISHTANK".
                    Nothing is overclocked, cpu ram parhelia everything is at default speed.
                    And it definitely is not a psu problem. Although my psu ain't a good one, it is rated 400w and I have only 1 case fan running.

And, would you guys please tell me, how do I check whether my P has banding issue or not?

Thanks a lot.
                    For the banding issue run any windowed 3d app with a white desktop with vsync disabled.....the higher the framerate, the worse the effect....

Comment

Ok been using it for a day.
                      Now I'm gonna tell my opinion about this card.

- It is faster than BBA 9000Pro, slightly.
                      - Good functions of course, now finally I can attach my TV to this pc.
                      - I would NOT be happy to pay 300GBP for this card, luckily I got it at a reasonable price.
                      - This is much larger than I expected...
                      - This is much hotter than I expected...
                      - Now if I can get some DDR, I'ma happy.
                      - Have another monitor, thinking about using it instead of the TV... but they are of different size

Anyway, why does the "Matrox QuickBar - Show Desktop" shows up everytime I quit a game? Any way to disable it?

Thanks.

Comment

WOOOHOOOO
                        I just ran the Matrox Curvilinear Demo with VSync disabled.
                        No banding at all!!! Wooohooo...

But does VSync need to be disabled?

EDIT:
                        hold on, may be that is not true...
                        Last edited by WyWyWyWy; 1 November 2002, 23:56.

Comment

You asked about the Matrox Quickbar.
                          There is an option to turn this off in the PowerDesk's Matrox Tools section: "Automatically show Matrox QuickBar toolbar".

Comment

Working...
                          X