This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doom3 Alpha E3 demo leaked to internet

Wonder if any of you had a chance to try it out. I got my mits on it and must say I am not that impressed. General graphics are quite nice, lightning is spectacular, but although there is option in cofing file to set rendering path for Parhelia, gfx is still buggy. I wasnt really expecting flawless operation since game has been developed mainly on geforce cards and I am sure bugs will get ironed. But even if everything was fine, I think the engine could be utilied better. Of course its too early to judge, but I hope they show us some nice open spaces with mad architecture and some other colors than dark green, dark brown and dark grey. It worked with Quake1, but these days people are used to some color variance .

Anyway, what do you guys think?

P.S.: I am aware this thing is not very legitimate and if I broke any forum rules with this discussion I am sorry.

Where can we get it?
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

If you dont have acc to nice ftp site, check this.

I'm a bad luni
      Last edited by Greebe; 1 November 2002, 18:05.

Comment

Edonkey sucks.

My average download speed is arround 5kb/sec and I am on cable. Regular download speeds range from 200-600kb depending on the download side.

I think bittorent is a much better implementation of a P2P protocol.

Comment

it crashes as soon as I select single player game on my G400

not that I expected it to do otherwise

Comment

Read the .nfo. You need to open console and manualy load maps. Ie. open console, type map e3/e3_1

Comment

How can you be complaining about an alpha you obtained illegaly? There's a reason Alpha's aren't released. They almost always suck and never have all the features implemented.

Comment

ah that explains.. I didn't get any nfo..

now it does work. But it runs like crap (2-4 fps ? )

Comment

You did break the forum rules so before posting links with questionable material ASK first next time.

This thread is now locked

clink
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                  X