Nice Monitor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Monitor?

I've been looking at this monitor and it looks pretty good, but I can't find any reviews on it, so dunno what to expect from it. I was originally gonna go for an IIyama Pro Vision 512, but it didn't get very good reviews. I was hoping that maybe someone here has tried this monitor or would know anything about it. Any info would be appreciated.

EDIT: I tried looking for a store that would have it on display so I could see it, but cannot find any store around my area that sold this monitor. Just thought I'd throw that in.
    Last edited by BuddMan; 31 October 2002, 18:09.
    System Specs:
    Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
    May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
    Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
    And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
    just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
    For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

It appears this monitor replaces the MultiSync FP1370 22" (20"VIS) monitor as reviewed here by Cadalyst (a CAD Head mag). Only major difference between the two is the newer one has a bit more bandwidth.

Looks like a winner
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Indeed it does. The old monitor was priced a lot higher too. This one is only $750. Hope it lives up to its specs, but I guess I'll go for it.
      System Specs:
      Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Comment

Actually....this one looks pretty good too. Max res is lower, but it has more features than the other one I linked, and it's cheaper. Do the features really matter that much? Do they make a big difference?
        System Specs:

Comment

Well that's hard to say... depends on what your needs are. There are some features that I couldn't live without, like dual inputs or say Top and Bottom convergence etc.

This page doesn't say so you need to call them.
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Well, I'm talking about stuff like AcuColor, and OptiClear, etc. A friend of mine said he has an older NEC model with those features and said they do make a difference. I'm just wondering if the trade off for the features is worth it and if those features are just mainly a marketing scheme....

However, I think I will call them and ask them about other features like top/bottom convergence, etc.
            System Specs:

Comment

all that stuff is perdy much nothing more than an optical coating... damn what is that stuff called Ummm... let me look (it's simple and you can have virtually anything solid coated with it)... is it magnesium floride? Doc knows... errr brain tonight (too lazy to grab one of my optic books off the shelf

Comment

There is a meriad of other issues that are taken into consideration too, like index of the glass used, type of phosphor etc... many of which you won't find the info on unless you have the Engineering Spec manual.

Comment

Ok, let me show you guys what I have ruled it down to before I leave work and go dress up in my Halloween costume (). Either this or this. Which one would you guys recommend over the other?
                  System Specs:

Comment

well I'm a tad biased... the Sony is the newer version of what I just bought (IBM P260)

Comment

What are you looking at as far as price?
                      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
                        well I'm a tad biased... the Sony is the newer version of what I just bought (IBM P260)
                        So it should have top and bottom convergance then.
                        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I'm very biased since I got this Sony GDM-F520. Previously I always looked for the traditional top professional monitors and didn't give Sony much of a look, but for me now this one takes the prize. I also love the shape the way it tapers to the back so it will fit further back in a corner, unlike those boxy NECs.

I have noticed though, there can be rather big differences between different models from the same manufacturer.

Here's a link for ya

Last edited by mutz; 1 November 2002, 00:30.
                          How can you possibly take anything seriously?
                          Who cares?

Comment

Well, looks like the majority are saying Sony. Wombat, let's just say I'm buying one or the other, so price isn't a factor. I just wish I could find some reviews of the NEC one.
                            System Specs:

Comment

I'm just saying that Sony's site quotes $800 for that monitor. It's not worth anything near that. Just want to make sure you're paying the right price.

Also, Mutz has a sony F series, which is their top-of-the-line monitor. Same tubes, but they get the best of the lot, and the most calibration and control. You're looking at a CPD (Corporate Professional Desktop, I think) model, which is 90% of the stuff for much less $. They're fine, That's what I have.
                              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                              X