Aaaaaaaaarghhhh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaaaaaaaarghhhh

someone just droped a bit of water on my 46'' TV and now it wont turn on any more...... i don't think the whole thing is fried... just the power suply area..... when i try to turn it one it skweeks a litle and instently shuts off........ so i am hoping that by morning it would be working again ???? i doubt it but you never know........... i mean the water got in there..... how could it survive that?? i am probably being nieve on this one but i will wait and see.... damn it... its a 46'' SONY TV..... hope the repair cost wont be to hefty
    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Take it into another room where it can't be messed with (and left unplugged), remove the back and use a hairdryer to dry it out. Once done let sit at least til morning and try again.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I agree with Greebe. They do extensive insurance testing and found that most TV's can withstand many accidents like yours for up to 20 years, but if you didn't hear anything spark inside then you should be fine.
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Well i did smell something for a very breif moment... it defenatly shorted..... tied it this morning but still no puls....
        "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Now that just sucks!!

Hope it doesn't soak ya...
          (no pun intended)
          "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Working...
          X