Third sniper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Third sniper?

The rifle that was used in the Washington area sniper shootings also was used in last month's Alabama killing that led investigators to the suspects, Montgomery, Ala., Police Chief John H. Wilson said yesterday, citing newly available results of ballistics tests.

Police originally thought a .22-caliber handgun was used in the slaying at a state-run liquor store in Montgomery, raising several questions for investigators.

Wilson said witnesses saw John Allen Muhammad, 41, and John Lee Malvo, 17, the two suspects in the sniper shootings, at the scene of the Montgomery shooting. But they said Muhammad had a handgun and Malvo was holding a magazine -- and neither appeared to have a rifle, Wilson said.

That, Wilson said, has led him to suspect that a third person may have been involved and possibly fired the Bushmaster XM-15 rifle that authorities found in Muhammad's Chevrolet Caprice last week.

"It's frustrating. Just at the time you figure it out, it grows another leg," he said.
    Stranger and stranger....

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

New photo evidence of the third sniper!

- Gurm
      Last edited by Gurm; 31 October 2002, 12:42.
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Can't an innocent wife killer live in peace?!

Seems to me that maybe the other weapon was disposed of.
        “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

The issue is that witnesses in Alabama saw them close to the building with pistols, but not with a rifle. Nevertheless the victim was shot with the .223 Bushmaster used in the beltway snipings. This at least suggests the presence of a third party.

Also: news reports now are that the Bushmaster was used to kill a women during a robbery in Baton Rouger, Louisiana. This was Muhammads home town and where his first wife lives.

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
          X