Command line DVD burning for windows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command line DVD burning for windows?

We're looking for a way to automatically burn some of our server logs to a DVD-R drive every couple of weeks. Ideally, we'd like to schedule the burn for the middle of the night. Is there any software out there that can do this? If there was a burning program that accepted command line switches, it would be easy to call from a script, but any other solutions would also be welcome.

Our setup includes a Windows 2000 Server (compaq ML530) with an IDE DVD-RW drive (pioneer). Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Thanks. Found that one already though. According to the info on the site, the pioneer burner is supported, but it doesn't specify if it's supported for DVD-R, or CD-R only (the drive can do both). We're checking it out though.
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Try asking Arrowkey -I know that this feature (DVD writing, the other part is already there) is planned for Accuburn-R, but I don't know if it's implemented or not yet.
      MURC COC Minister of Wierd Confusion (MWC)

Comment

Who's Arrowkey?

Comment

Oh, you mean http://www.arrowkey.com

Comment

The cdrtools package (better known as cdrecord and friends) is compilable and usable under Win32 (or so the documentation claims), but you need Cygwin. I've seen mention of DVD burning support on the website, though I've no idea how functional it is.

Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Too much hassle to run Cygwin on a producion W2k Server I would say, no?
              P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
              Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
              And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Maybe, maybe not, but I was just letting him know about that option.
                Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Thanks for pointing it out, but WyWyWyWy is right. Can't be putting that on a production server.

Comment

You don't have <I>any</I> spare boxes around? Just something that you can put a smaller hard drive in, a NIC, and the burner? Then your server doesn't have to start the burn, it just has to do a network transfer. The new box can run whatever OS or app you need to do the DVD burns at your convenience, and you can set it up so that it only accepts data from the offloading box, if you like.
                    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                    X