Got it Parhelia GOOD/ BAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got it Parhelia GOOD/ BAD

Well as the title said it is really good and bad to be honest as I received my matrox Parhelia in the post today, and the packaging etc was great. But for some reason I cant seem to get anything on my display My mobo is a NV7-133R. Though I believe that the monitor could the problem. As my monitor is an Eizo but it is a few years old so the pin are orientated slightly differently still 15 pins I think but they are not the same as newer monitors as I' am led to believe and it connects to monitor through BNC I believe. Though one of the resisitors or capacitors made it difficult for me to install at first on my mobo as my motherboard has one of these things tou push up to lock in card. What do you think, it isn't a bid deal jsut now as I have put my geforce 4 back in my kit
    What do you guys think?
    plz Help!
    thx in advance
    Andy

Keep persevering... (is that spelled right???)

Connect via the BNCs, but be aware that the system won't recognise the monitor then, so things may have to be set manually.

PSU strong enough?
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Hey Andy,

are you sure you connected your monitor on the proper plug of your Parhelia ?
      Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
      Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
      be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
      4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
      2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
      OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
      4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
      Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
      Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
      LG BH10LS38
      LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Yeah I connected it though A, I did follow the manual and I also tries B without success
        My PSU is either 300
        or 350 watt and that meets the requirements
        and my Geforce 4 and previous cars such as Radeon's worked without a hitch

Comment

Are you running the NVC3 bios???

If not, upgrade...
          Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

I have the latest Bios from the Abit site, can you give me a link to that K6-III plz Though I dont think it will make any difference though it is certainly worth a try. This is where I got the bios http://www.abit.com.tw/abitweb/webjs...TLE=NV7-133R&#
            ho w do I check my bios ver.?

Comment

You should be able to see your bios version when your system posts or you can use Sisoft Sandra to check your bios date. NVC3 is the latest bios at the link you posted...

Comment

Oh and K6-III I was wondering how you managed to get such a nice clock on your 1600 XP as I also have that model. Did you increase the front side bus.

Comment

Yup, increase FSB and get the voltage upto 1.95v. Can do 1.94ghz@2.15v, but can't tolerate the noise it requires.....

That NV7133R won't give you the necessary options to do much OC though...

The only NForce 415D board with proper OC functions is the Asus A7N266-C, but with NForce2 waiting in the wings, there is no need to go there anymore...

Comment

I noticed that after installing sisoftware sandra, and looked in the motherboard section. I could see to warnings under performance:
                    Warning W2545(Large memory modules should be registered)
                    Warning W2521(AGP Bus speed to high, reduce FSB)
                    My bios:02/08/2002-nvidia-nforce-6A61AA1AC-7H
                    I cant understand where the AGP bus speed comes into it, it could be because you have to increase for the Mobo to detect the XP cpu. Fastright?

Comment

After refering to the Abit site I believe this is the initial bios, strange. As I did install a new bios, but I have reinstalled XP since then.

Comment

Well....let us know how things go after a bios update...

Comment

...and BTW, I have a five year old Eizo T57s as second display and it works fine BNC and DDC. And on the Parhelia it looks better than it ever did before.
                          How can you possibly take anything seriously?
                          Who cares?

Comment

n1 it works
                            Thanks guys, you da best
                            Oh what drivers do you recommend? latest?

Comment

but of course
                              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X