Canadian TV sucks!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian TV sucks!!!

Just sat down last night, turned on the sattelite, and started flicken through channels.

CRAP! - same lousy sitcoms on 20 friggen channels-
    200 channels my butt! They are all the same!
    I don't need 5 cbc's, 5 globaltv, 5 abc, 5 nbc's etc, especially when the canadain channels are carbon copies of the american ones!

Thank You CRTC!
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

The only good Canadians shows left are Kids in the Hall (even though they stopped making episodes) and Trailer Park Boys.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

This hour has 22 minutes is ok too.
      I'm just amazed at the lack of variety. If you've ever seen directv or Dishnetwork (american satellite) you'd understand what I'm talking about - you can flip through the whole channel line up and not find a duplicate channel.
      Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Ah, Trailer Park Boys.... absolutely the funniest half hour on tv. I have both seasons on tape as well as the TPB movie that was on Showcase a few weeks ago. Haven't watched it yet as I taped it on my SVHS recorder and that's hooked up to my comp. I really must burn that stuff to cd.

DeVinci's Inquest is good but I agree that generally speaking the CRTC doesn't do us any favours. I am particularly pissed about the Canadian version of the Outdoor Life Channel(I think that's what its called). While the American version has incredible cycling(and other sports) coverage we get reruns of fishing shows and lumberjack contests.
        Laurie
        ======

Comment

Well, Swedish Chanels 1 &2 also sucks
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Some o fthose Lumberjacks contests have HIGHLY modified chainsaws, talk about putting a Kawasaki Ninja engine for a chainsaw! Hehe.
            Titanium is the new bling!
            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I actually enjoy those lumberjack contests:

Comment

The Sopranos here in Canada is not bleeped out! Now that's awesome TV!

We don't have sensorship in all our movies

Cool eh!

Cheers,
                Elie

Comment

TV is crap in the UK as well hence I don't bother with Sky, Cable or Digital. 200 channels of crap isn't any better than 5 Channels of crap.
                  I probably watch TV around 210 minutes a week poss less which is mainly news and waether.
                  Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
                    The only good Canadians shows left are Kids in the Hall (even though they stopped making episodes) and Trailer Park Boys.
                    Don't forget The Red Green Show.
                    #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
                    people do all day!"

Comment

I agree with The PIT
                      [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                      Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                      Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                      Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                      Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Celtic v Blackburn well theres something worth watching tonight.
                        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Being able to get CBC on cable in the Seattle area is great, if just for the curling coverage! A sport much under appreciated in the USA.
                          Home Brewer the Quintessential Alchemist!

Comment

roger waters put it best in the wall "i've got 13 chanels of shit to choos from" "D
                            "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Working...
                            X