Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EU hits Nitendo with €168m fine for price fixing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EU hits Nitendo with €168m fine for price fixing.

And AOL/Time Warner plus other companies are next in line, suspected of forming a cartel to raise the price of DVDs.

Does this mean the EU is actually good for something?
    Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

maybe nintendo will raise the prices (even further). at least they have a good excuse now.

mfg
    wulfman
    "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
    "Lobsters?"
    "Really? I didn't know they did that."
    "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

DVD Price?

That is nothing aginst the CD prices

THat would be something for EU to hunt
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I agree Technoid!!! Yes indeed!!!

Comment

I don't think DVD's are overpriced in sweden....
          they cost from 8$ to 25$.......

CD's on the other habd don't go lower than 15$ unless they are baaad quality..
          and usualy they are 17$ to 21$

Compared to the fact that DVD's cost more to produce manufacture etc etc etc and that they are dropping in price CD's are d*** expensive especialy since prices are slowly rising
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

CD prices are so high because everyone pirates music and swaps MP3 files over the internet, hence they buy less CDs and the RIAA has to find the money to pay their lawyers to try and shut all the filesharers down from somewhere.
            So if the RIAA wasnt having to fund its lawsuits against everyone who'd ever seen a computer, they could afford to lower the prices of CDs. And if CD prices were lower, people wouldnt be so inclined to swap MP3s rather than buy the original CD.

Its nothing at all to do with large numbers of modern artists being manufactured commercial entities with little real talent releasing a carefully hyped album of 2 good songs and 12 crap ones written by someone in an office somewhere whos insulated from the real world by a mile or two of cotton wool.

Really.....

Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

the CD prices was hitting the roof 6 years ago

Comment

I was being sarcastic

Comment

Ofcoarse I knew that

I was being pesimistic

Comment

Working...
                  X