Parhelia with FIFA2003 Retail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parhelia with FIFA2003 Retail

Hi, Anyone with Parhelia having problems playing FIFA2003 Retail? Sysyem freeze after 1 or 2 mins into the game action. I had this problems and waiting for Matrox support to address the issue.

Interesting, I thought it was just some system instability on my part....I'll bet you're running with aniso activated....try using default filtering, it did the trick for me.
    All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Re: Parhelia with FIFA2003 Retail

Originally posted by lecter
      Interesting, I thought it was just some system instability on my part....I'll bet you're running with aniso activated....try using default filtering, it did the trick for me.
      Sorry, would it be better to explain more on the default setting. Do I need to stay at 4x supersampling at application's request and keep the Use HUD mode (OpenGL only) Off in the power desk utility with the new driver. I had tried to isolate the problems with FIFA2003 from every setting of the power desk to the creaitve audigy (disabled the sound). My setup is almost identical with you except the I am using P4B533-E and SCSI Hard Drive. Thank you.
      Last edited by pcman; 30 October 2002, 05:55.

Comment

I play in 1280 with FAA 16x, Gigacolor, Texture filtering-app. determine, Vsync-always untill app overrides, HUD-off....no problems all day with these settings.
        All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Hi lecter, I had tried the setting as you mentioned but result still the same. I am stuck with this since the game released. Out of my wit now.

Comment

Hi Friends,

I have recently received FIFA 2003.
            With my system (using G400MAX), the game is playable at 800x600x32 with medium detail.

I tried 1024x768x32, it's still playable, but it's difficult to control the player.

I think with a proper CPU power (say P4 2.4GHz), G400MAX can still handle many complex games.

Viva Matrox!

Regards,
            Picard.
            Asus P3B-F, PIII-750 OC'd 900Mhz, 256MB PC133SDRAM, 2.0V, Stock Cooler, Matrox Millennium G400MAX, IBM DeskStar 60GB, Sound Blaster Live!, Cambridge Soundworks FPS1800, ViewSonic 17' PF775.

Comment

Originally posted by Picard
              Hi Friends,

I have recently received FIFA 2003.
              With my system (using G400MAX), the game is playable at 800x600x32 with medium detail.

I tried 1024x768x32, it's still playable, but it's difficult to control the player.

I think with a proper CPU power (say P4 2.4GHz), G400MAX can still handle many complex games.

Viva Matrox!

Regards,
              Picard.
              Erm, someone went slightly off-topic
              -Slougi

Comment

I've had exactly the same problem with the demo of Fifa2003.
                With the 'full' version i don't have any problems.
                PIII 1Ghz|AbitSa6R|512mb Kingston|Matrox Parhelia 512 Retail|80gb WD & 30gb IBM 75gxp|Diamond MX300 A3d 2.0|36xcdrom|6x32AopenDVD|Sony DRU500A|Intel Pro 10/100 S|IIyama Vision Master Pro 450 | Celly 300a@450 'server' powered by a G400MAX

Comment

Working...
                X