Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things to know about 1.02 final drivers

Hey Guys,
    It seems many of you are dissapointed with the final 1.02 released drivers. I am sorry to hear that. Unfortunately the drivers were switched to Video & CAD drivers, so all the gaming bugs are pushed to the next drivers. The good news that many of the bugs reported are currently been investigated. Please re-test with the new drivers and if you see the bug you saw before, mention it here so i can keep track with the game bugs. Don't forget to post a screenshot of the problem and please emphasize if this only occurs with the 1.02 so it will be easy to fix
    Regards,
    "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

Unreal Tournament is configured for aniso filtering when games are scanned. This causes display problems and occasional crashing.
    Fix is to change filtering to "Application Determine"

Only happens in 1.02 and the 1.02 beta driver
    "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen Roberts

µße®LørÐ - A legend in his underwear
    Member of For F*ck Sake UT clan
    DriverHeaven administrator
    PowerVR Network administrator

Comment

Uberlord,
      Would you like me to release a separate profile for you so you can use it with "Game Profiles" or you prefer to wait for the next driver?
      I can edit any presets for "Game Profiles" and release them separately, too many games got released that should be added to it like NOLF2, Age of Mythology, CFS3 etc...
      Regards,
      "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

Comment

That would be good R0M. By the way, is there any chance that the driver package can be slimmed down at all? I am still on 56K!

Things like unnecessary images/language packs etc. For example, I noticed that there was a 600k image file in the Reef Demo update, that was only used for the update install program - what's the deal with that?
        DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Originally posted by R0M
          Uberlord,
          Would you like me to release a separate profile for you so you can use it with "Game Profiles" or you prefer to wait for the next driver?
          I can edit any presets for "Game Profiles" and release them separately, too many games got released that should be added to it like NOLF2, Age of Mythology, CFS3 etc...
          Regards,
          That would be nice
          "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen Roberts

µße®LørÐ - A legend in his underwear
          Member of For F*ck Sake UT clan
          DriverHeaven administrator
          PowerVR Network administrator

Comment

Uff, I'm right disapointed about not to inlcude the games fixes. Any idea when we can get this fixes? Can we get soon a beta driver with the fixes included?

Comment

The sun's reflection off the road in MotoGP is still pulsating (very disconcerting).....

Has been doing that with both 1.01, 1.02beta, and 1.02 final...although 1.01 fixed the bluescreen when pixel shaders were enabled...
              Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Still no EMBM with Arx Fatalis.......
                And all other known issues still remain......
                (Some objects are white,multi textures are not drawn properly)
                And that game looks much more better with EMBM...saw it on my old G400....
                ASUS P5B-E ;2GB G.Skill DDR2 Ram; C2D6420;lub 3D X1950pro ;SoundBlaster X-Fi;WinXP

Comment

Playing CS, using OpenGL "your videocard is not configured for OpenGL" or something like.

Works in D3D..it just looks a bit odd.

edit: nevermind, it just decides to work randomly. Oh well, CS is one buggy, crash happy game.

War3: Orc's buildings light rendering.

Build up your town, build altar, build hero from altar, what as lights surrounding the buildings flicker like crazy. Happened in past drivers too. Seems to only happen when hero is building from the altar tho'.
                  Last edited by XHotKolaX; 31 October 2002, 23:25.

1.73TBredB@1.67(166X10)@1.6V
                  ASUS A7N8X
                  Corsair 1GB PC3200
                  Parhelia 128MB
                  EIZO L685EX

Comment

K6-III,
                    I finally reproduced your bug today. I had a hard time understanding what you were referring too, so i decided to try it on a Geforce 3 and finally saw it, the white glare from the sun. But it's not annoying as i thought it was, i mean you're driving fast and it passes quickly but we'll investigate it for you,
                    Regards,

Comment

Thanks ROM, greatly appreciated!!!
                      Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X