Acronym

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acronym

A group of program developers where I work are designing a program to track inventory of test equipment. They were going to call the program "Test Inventory Tracking System", but the Acronym just would not fly.
    --Insert something here--

Where I work, one of my fellow techs got a phone call from a guy and he was saying that a Tit damaged the equipement. Now we figure the guy was either calling someone from his staff a TIT, or Technician Induced Trouble. Which I suppose would make that technician a TIT in the long run.
    #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
    people do all day!"

Comment

Here at work we have a warranty for some systems called POS warranty (parts only service). The funny part is that this warranty is the cheapest you can get.
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I used to work for a company who's 3-character abbreviation was SPT... most of us that worked for them would very much like to SPiT on them now

Interestingly enough some of us were asked to develop a CMS, but the higher ups felt it should be called a Page (instead of Content) Management System... I'll let you figure out the acronym.
        “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

I used to be tech support monkey, and we supported a department called, and I'm not making this up, Planning & Implementation Support Services.
          Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Not funny but still, before my company was bought out my job was called Customer Interaction Agent. CIA, now it's called Service Support Representitive, named after a truck!

Explore the diverse line-up of new Chevy cars, coupes, sedans, hatchbacks, and small cars that deliver innovative technology and safety features.
            Last edited by ZokesPro; 29 October 2002, 10:26.

Comment

I get a lot of PLICK errors.

Problem
              Lies
              Inbetween
              Chair and
              Keyboard

Jammrock
              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

That's more commonly referred to as a PEBCAK (or PEBKAC) error.

Problem
                Exists
                Between
                Chair
                And
                Keyboard
                Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

For those awkward times when I can't think of an acronym...

ICTOAASFI

Comment

What's that mean?

Comment

Well I already gave away all but the last 3 letters

Comment

Ah! I see! Hehe.

Comment

It made me think of this mail...

To: All Employees
                          Subject: Special High Intensity Training

In order to assure the highest levels of quality work and productivity from all employees, it will be our policy to keep all employees well trained through our program of Special High Intensity Training (S.H.I.T.). We are trying to give employees more S.H.I.T. than anyone else. If you feel you don't receive your share of S.H.I.T. on the job, please see your manager. You will immediately be placed at the top of the S.H.I.T. list; our managers are especially skilled at seeing that you get all the S.H.I.T. you can handle. Employees who don't take S.H.I.T. will be placed in Departmental Employee Evaluation Programs (D.E.E.P. S.H.I.T). Those who fail to take D.E.E.P. S.H.I.T. seriously will have to go to Employee Attitude Training (E.A.T. S.H.I.T.). Since our managers took S.H.I.T. before they were promoted, they don't have to take S.H.I.T. anymore, as they are full of S.H.I.T. already. If you are full of S.H.I.T. you may be interested in training others. We can add your name to our Basic Understanding Lecture List (B.U.L.L. S.H.I.T.). Those who are full of B.U.L.L. S.H.I.T. can apply for promotion to Director of Intensity Programming (D.I.P. S.H.I.T.). If you have further questions, please direct them to our Head of Training (H.O.T. S.H.I.T.).

Thank you,
                          Boss in General Special High Intensity Training (B.I.G. S.H.I.T.)
                          pixar
                          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I used to work in a hotel. One day a phone was returned to the frontdesk with a sticker on it with the letters NFG. The assistant manager started laughing and mentioned something to the client about it. The customer started laughing too but said it really stands for Non Functioning Goods.
                            #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
                            people do all day!"

Comment

WYSIWYG

What
                              You
                              See
                              Is
                              What
                              You
                              Get

(only if your on a mac though...ewww)
                              "...and in the next instant he was one of the deadest men that ever lived." – Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X