Cannot capture MP3 audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot capture MP3 audio

I usually capture YUY2-mpeg4v2 files in VirtualDub. Audio is compressed with the PCM-codec. I'd like to capture mp3-audio for better quality/filesize, but Windows crashes compleately whenever i try.
    Ulead Capture and Avi_IO only supports PCM-audio.

Why can't I capture wideos with mp3 audio?

Det næmmeste er at komprimere lyden bagefter, ved at sætte video'en til "Direct stream copy" og lyden til mp3

det tager næmlig meget prosser kraft at encode til mp3, så det kan blive svært at gøre realtime.

...sorry the text whas in danish

Comment

!

Comment

Tee Hee Hee.
        Get paid to surf http://www.alladvantage.com/home.asp?refid=MAC649 it really works. Free Money.

Comment

Whhoo.. en dansker! Tak for besvarelsen. Verden er lille...

*** Sorry that was in danish. ***

Ok, your suggestion is that i capture in PCM format and compress to MP3 afterwards. When i save the format once again, with the same compression, will i loose image-quality???

I think my cpu (PIII@620MHz) can handle the MP3-compression realtime, afterall cpu-usage is < 50% when captureing 352x288 MPEG-4. It seems that this is not possible, i.e. windows crasches. Why?

How do you guys capture in MPEG4???

Comment

you must set the video in Virtualdub to "Direct stream copy"

then virtualdub will only copy the videostream to the new file. !no recompress!

Comment

Im sorry, (and new to Desktop video), but i cannot get virtualdub 1.3 to make two files, one with video and one with audio, just one Avi.

Is your suggestion that i capture that avi, manualy compress the audio and save then save the file?

But the I have to choose video compression codec once again? By saving, does it recompress the videopart also, thereby loosing quality?

Comment

you can obtaon mpeg3 audio only in a second way or your system crash. it is a problem of virtual dub and not of your cpu...bye
                Daniele

Comment

Working...
                X