tv quality problem with ati 8500 dv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tv quality problem with ati 8500 dv

everything is great with my new 8500dv, but the tv quality is horrible. on my g400 it was perfectly clear on full screen but now (with the same setup, same cables etc) it is like this:

any ideas why it's so poor? i have the latest drivers etc
    --
    TJ

what resolution are you using for the tv-out? iirc, one of the resolutions had really, really bad tv output quality...
    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

it's not tv out, it's the feed coming in for capturing. i am using 1600x1200@75hz.

thanks
      --
      TJ

Comment

ahh, sorry, didn't catch that... uhh, i would suggest reading up at the forums of rage3d as that is the general ATI site... it might be a known problem with it or it might be a driver problem...

just watch where you step over there...
        "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

thanks. what do you mean 'watch where you step'
          --
          TJ

Comment

he means there are so many fanATIcs....
            main system: P4 Northwood 2.0 @ 2.5GHz, Asus P4PE (LAN + Audio onboard), 512MB Infineon PC333 CL2.5, Sapphire/BBA Radeon 9500@9700 128MB (hardmodded), IBM 100GB ATA-100, 17" Belinea (crappy), and some other toys...ADSL (1,5mbit/s down, 256kbit/s up...sweeeeeet!)

Comment

yeah... pretty much... it can be a very valuable resource as it has the attention of ATi and pretty much everyone over uses ATI products, buuutttt... there are a lot of people who do not really care or want to make any attempt at helping other people... and still a ton others who will flame people pretty much needlessly

it can be an ugly place, but its still a valuable resouce...

Comment

Aha,

You mean that the place is crawling with "HPar_'s"
                If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
                X