Side Panel Power Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side Panel Power Mod

This is one of those clever solutions that shuld be incorporated in all cases with side panels that has fans or cases with motherboard trays

Side Panel Power Mod

I will probably use it in my case
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Thats a simple and blindingly obvious solution to the problem!

Theres only one catch - RJ11 and RJ45 connectors have a spring loaded catch to stop them coming apart when connected. If you forget to remove that catch, you'll have fun getting the side panel off your case again!
    Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

I like the idea too, but with my side panels I have to offer them up and then slide 1/2" to the side. If the socket had a little lateral movement it would be perfect.
      FT.

Comment

nifty idea, i'm kinda curious how it would affect the quality of the power going to the device... if you are only using it for fans it shouldn't be a problem... however... if you were using it for a water pump or a peltier... i would be afraid of the wire catching on fire...
        "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Still it's a great idea!

Shoulden't be to hard to make a "heavy duty" model
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by DGhost
            nifty idea, i'm kinda curious how it would affect the quality of the power going to the device... if you are only using it for fans it shouldn't be a problem... however... if you were using it for a water pump or a peltier... i would be afraid of the wire catching on fire...
            You can pass 120 volts in a standard telephone line so I doubt that power will be an issue here! I say it's a great idea!

But you won't be able to pass alot of amps through it. Those small wires do offer a lot of resistance but for a 12v fan there shouldn't be a problem at all.
            Titanium is the new bling!
            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Working...
            X