Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing NEED FOR SPEED: HOT PURSUIT 2 Using Matrox G400MAX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing NEED FOR SPEED: HOT PURSUIT 2 Using Matrox G400MAX?

Dear Friends,

Does any of you play NFS: Hot Pursuit 2 using G400MAX?

It seems that NFS:Hot Pursuit 2 can not be played using G400MAX!

The graphics is crippled, and almost can not be seen at all.

Perhaps any of you has any tips how to play NFS:Hot Pursuit 2 using G400MAX?

Your advices are very much appreciated.
    Thanks alot.

Regards,
    Picard.
    Asus P3B-F, PIII-750 OC'd 900Mhz, 256MB PC133SDRAM, 2.0V, Stock Cooler, Matrox Millennium G400MAX, IBM DeskStar 60GB, Sound Blaster Live!, Cambridge Soundworks FPS1800, ViewSonic 17' PF775.

Sorry, I do not have this game yet, so I can't tell you if it works.
    Hopefully I will get this game later this week (around Wednesday or later). I should have some time then to try it on my G400 max and I'll report here if it works...

Best of luck until then,
    Tomasz

Comment

Dear Tomasz,

Thanks alot for your reply.

I can not play The NFS at any resolution and any details I choosed.
      Even at the all minimum details (car detail, special effect, world detail, all at the minimum vaule). And the minimum resolution too, 640x480.

The graphics like 2D instead of 3D. And even worst , the graphics's crippled, look like some pieces of paper.

I hope you can success playing the NFS using G400MAX.

Awaiting your information soon.
      Thanks again for your kindness.

Regards,
      Picard.
      Asus P3B-F, PIII-750 OC'd 900Mhz, 256MB PC133SDRAM, 2.0V, Stock Cooler, Matrox Millennium G400MAX, IBM DeskStar 60GB, Sound Blaster Live!, Cambridge Soundworks FPS1800, ViewSonic 17' PF775.

Comment

I have been playing the demo with no problems. 800x600 with medium detail is quite playable and the graphics look as they should. Windows XP, G400max with latest drivers.

edit: just noticed from your sig that you're overclocking. Could that be the problem?
        Last edited by Jussi; 27 October 2002, 09:34.

Comment

I'm going to download the domo now, and try it on my Parhelia

Comment

Have tried Hot Pursuit 2 Demo on my Parhelia card now, 1024x768, ant all settings maxed, used 16xFAA, everything vorked nice, but it looked like they had problems with 16xFAA

It was also some problems with lagging, but I don't thiunk that was a Matrox problem, because my brother also haves the same kind of problems with lagging on his GeForce4 Ti4600

Comment

I just got the game. It works fine on my G400max. I play at 800/600 and min detail. It runs ok, the image is normal.
              System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

Comment

Go to gamecopyworld and get the nocd patch. Solved my stuttering problems. Havent tried it on my g400max but it runs great on my r9700 pro.

Comment

Dear Friends,

Thanks for all of your response and assistance.

I think the main cause is my G400 driver. When I update the driver with version 6.82.016, it seems everything is going to be better.

Although I have to use 640x480 and minimize all detail setting, the game runs quite acceptable.

By the way, has any of you run the game using Parhelia?
                  Can you push the game to the 1600x1200 using all maximum details?

Again, thanks alot for your kindness.
                  Have a nice day.

Regards,
                  Picard.

Comment

Picard, with my MAX I was able to run everything at 800x600x32 min. settings and it worked just fine on the demo. I was runnin it on a T-Bird @950 with my MAX with latest drivers.
                    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
                    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Hi Muad'Dib,

Thanks for your advice.
                      I tried to run the NFS as you mentioned. It works fine.

Btw, how does this NFS:HP2 behave under Parhelia?
                      Can it run in 1600x1200 32bit mode with maximum bar in every settings?

Thanks for your advices!

Regards,
                      Picard.

Comment

Picard, the demo does not go up to 16x12x32, although it does go to 1280x1024x32 which runs just fine for me with all settings at max with my Parhelia. It starts to stutter SLIGHTLY only if I put the rear view mirror on. I play with a 3rd person (is that what its called with racing games?) for what it's worth.

If you want me to try different settings (as we've got similar speed comps) email (mitzo@ameritech.net) or PM me and I'd be happy to do so.

-D

P.S.: I forgot to mention I ran that 1280x1024x32 with gigacolor (both desktop and in game) and faa enabled with a lot of crap in the background that I didn't feel like closing for a short race.
                        "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
                        --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Just got the game...
                          Tried it on my (1.) PIII 600/G400 Max
                          and (2.) Athlon 2000+/Radeon 8500 128MB

First Impressions:
                          Even at the lowest settings and 640x480x16, the game is choppy on system 1. although all the graphics are rendered correctly.
                          System 2. does much better, but still get's a bit choppy in 1280x1024x32 with default settings, when there are many cars on the screen.

Now I have to optimize settings to see what helps the speed...

Tomasz

Comment

I'm running NFS HP2 now on Windows XP SP1 and a Matrox G400 Max.
                            It's running quite fine. the only thing I can't accomplish is that the detail settings for WorldView can't be set to high, so you get a lousy display. It says that my hardware doesn't support this
                            setting.

Is there something to do about this, or is the card just not supporting it on any way?

Comment

It works slow on my Duron 800 and G400DH under w98se. Anyway ugly.
                              Maybe turning trilinear filtering off would speed it up...

Comment

Working...
                              X