Asus iPanel help???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus iPanel help???

I got hold of an iPanel for my A7M266-D a few weeks ago, but I can't get it happily intergrated into my system.

Whenever I connect it, my USB v90 modem wont connect to my ISP. It dials fine, just wont connect. I cant find anything funny going on with the resources.

Any ideas?
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Try www.asusboards.com -They even have an iPanel section. Seems like a pretty buggy thing, but I still want to get one
    All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

In fact, it is buggy! I got a basic one (w/o audio connectors) and whenever the display refreshes (either automatically or manually triggered), the system hangs completely for about a second. However, there are some solutions on www.asusboards.com , you can get rid of most of the problems by soldering a new cable.
      main system: P4 Northwood 2.0 @ 2.5GHz, Asus P4PE (LAN + Audio onboard), 512MB Infineon PC333 CL2.5, Sapphire/BBA Radeon 9500@9700 128MB (hardmodded), IBM 100GB ATA-100, 17" Belinea (crappy), and some other toys...ADSL (1,5mbit/s down, 256kbit/s up...sweeeeeet!)

Comment

cheers lads! I'll pop over now!
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Got it working, but i have to disable the BIOS auto refresh...
          I'll se if it's any better in my other rig.

Comment

No, it's the same on all mobos. I've got a P4B266-E...
            main system: P4 Northwood 2.0 @ 2.5GHz, Asus P4PE (LAN + Audio onboard), 512MB Infineon PC333 CL2.5, Sapphire/BBA Radeon 9500@9700 128MB (hardmodded), IBM 100GB ATA-100, 17" Belinea (crappy), and some other toys...ADSL (1,5mbit/s down, 256kbit/s up...sweeeeeet!)

Comment

Cheers for the headsup!

Comment

What exactly does the BIOS auto-refresh do and what do u lose by disabling it?

Comment

AFAIK it is supposed to refresh the display on the iPanel at a regular interval. Although I have never got it to work...

Comment

So if it's disabled it just shows you the same temp until it gets refreshed?! Doesn't that make the panel, ya know...useless?!

Comment

hence the

Comment

Well I will definitely reconsider in that case.....I may be an ASUS fan(atic), but still...i don't want to just have something pretty that does absolutely nothing, I mean, getting a panel only so I can press the e-mail and web buttons....sheesh!

Comment

Working...
                        X