Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parhelia banding bug demo program

Hi Murcers!

I've done a little program to demonstrate the banding effect of the parhelias. So those of you who don't own one or don't know what is it can see it.

I've tried to make it as close as possible to the banding effect I get in my computer, but maybe it's quite different from yours since I do not check for framerate to adjust the effect.

see the readme included for instructions.

I've check the file for viruses but you'll be safer if you double check it, one never knows what can be hide inside.

thats all, take fun

PS: Please, could one of the moderators check it to make sure that it's not a bot or trojan, or contains any virus , and reply saying so. I know that sometimes one doesn't feel very comfortable downloading programs from the net.
    Last edited by drslump; 25 October 2002, 19:54.
    <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

Well, it got past my AV program (NAV w/ current list).
    But must say that any Parhelia owner can see the effect for themselves simply by running any 3D app or game in windowed mode, rather than seeing this "emulation", that does not show the real thing...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Hi Kruzin,

Yeah, well, ehhh, I was expecting some comments about my bad taste when choosing backgrounds, but nevermind, I quite like this kind of programs, fast to implement, very buggy, featureless, useless ... and you can find a lot of them on the net!

anyway with free software as with free beer I never complain

cheers for the reply,
      Ivan
      <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

Comment

actually thanks man. i don't have a parhelia and now i finally understand what problem it is... to me it seems like a driver problem... but well... i am not seeming this in real time... so i can't really comment upon this issue.

Comment

Okay, now I see, thanks for your program. To me it looks kinda like too low a refresh rate would look?

ps. I don't complain but the fullscreen mode didn't work for me

Comment

Re: Parhelia banding bug demo program

Originally posted by drslump
            Hi Murcers!

I've done a little program to demonstrate the banding effect of the parhelias. So those of you who don't own one or don't know what is it can see it.

Great initiative... (Even if I couldn't see it due to the fact that my present videocard cant make it work...)

Comment

hmmm looks ugly.
              no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Working...
              X