Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem capturing with G200 Marvel PCI

Hi everybody,

I already post this on th general hardware/software and I am sorry for those who already read that, th answer there was there suggest me to ask here instead of there, so I explain again my problem

Before I changed my computer I was able to capture with the matrox tools, without too many problems, there was some drops during th changes of files after 2GB.
    Now I have a computer far more powerful than th old one, and I am on XP, but I am not able anymore to grab something correctly.
    I used virtualdub, AVI_IO and media studio 6. But in any case I didn't have any good results (from 20/40% drops to a complete crash)

I tried some configurations, but nothing changed, I am not able to capture a correct video from the VCR at better rate than 15 fps.

I would like to grab a CIF image at 25 f/s (I have pal VCR)
    My configuration is a AMD 1900+ on a ASUS A7V333 with 512 MB ram, a matrox marvel g200 PCI without tuner (european basic version) and a defragmented MAXTOR 60GB disk.

Is anybody has incountered this problem yet.

Thank you for any help

Re: Problem capturing with G200 Marvel PCI

Originally posted by TestaCrocce

But in any case I didn't have any good results (from 20/40% drops to a complete crash)
    Thank you for any help
    Here's a few things to try..
    bad captures are usually related to an interupt or driver issue
    so.

1. Make sure you have the latest (last rev) Marvel 200 drivers
    2. latest Sound card drivers (or drivers for anything that takes an IRQ)
    3. Irq is assinged to VGA in the bios
    4. Latest chipset drivers, especially the IRQ Routing
    5. Shuffle the PCI cards around in hopes they change IRQ's
    6. Load bios optimised defaults.. then try fail safe..

Other stuff worth mentioning
    Make sure your source isn't at fault.. noisy etc..

Comment

I have a G200 PCI and generally most people cannot capture effectively with XP as there are no working capture drivers for this OS from Matrox. Win2000 also has many problems but can be made to work for most.

The best options is to install Win98 as a duel boot option and use that for capture and edit in XP. Though I don't think the Matrox H/W MJPEG codec will work in XP either.

You then have two options, use HuffYUV (much higher quality than H/W Codec - but takes up much more space - use AVI_IO to capture) or install Pic MJpeg Software codec for XP which will play back the Matrox one (also there is a Morgan Software Codec, but recommended on this forum is the PicVideo one). This can also be used for capture and quality/data rate can also be increased.

Comment

Working...
      X