X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid idiot rude telemarking F***S

I got this call a moment ago

Me: Datastudion, mathias!
    Telemarketing ahole: I'd like to speak to the manager or the president of the company.
    Me: I'm the only one who speaks english here
    TA: oh.CLICK (ends the call)

Then repeat three times on our other phonenumbers

I still think that common curtesy is to at least say "bye" :Rolleyes:

Unfortunatly we get laods of these strange calls from companys that wants to sell anything from stocks to Russian millitary material
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

ah technoid you're missing all the fun. you have to play games with them
    no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

yeh i get calls like that.....

hello is this mr.X

no you got the wrong number sir..

click....

no thank you... no sory... no goodbey..... just a hang up
      "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Here they always seem to call at dinner time

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

now here is the fun part, i always answer the door bell (intercom in an appartment) or the phone in english.

usually i get in japanese "okusan ga irashaimasu ka" (is your wife home)

to which my response is "i'm sorry i don't understand"

they appologise and hang up

Dan
          Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

it's gotten soo bad, I won't even pick up the phone unless the call display shows a number I recocgnize.
            Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Be prepared next time.

If the bastard is trying to sell you something over the phone, order a dozen or so of the product, arrange for COD to the address of one of your worst enemies - 2 birds with one stone.
              Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by Sasq
                now here is the fun part, i always answer the door bell (intercom in an appartment) or the phone in english.

usually i get in japanese "okusan ga irashaimasu ka" (is your wife home)

to which my response is "i'm sorry i don't understand"

they appologise and hang up

Dan
                I wonder why they want to know if your wife is home
                If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

they just assume my wife is Japanese.

my usual response is "i'm not married" or "she's not home now" (when will she be home? after midnight. oh click)
                  Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Or as a friend once told me. They just got home shattered and the phone goes. Cold selling finally they managed to get a word in edge ways and asked the lady

"What time do you finnish work?"
                    "Twelve O'clock sir"
                    "Can I have you phone number?"
                    "Why"
                    "So I can ring you up when you're finnished wor,k knackered out and wanting a rest with a phone call full of rubbish"
                    "Oh"
                    Click
                    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Caller ID is one of the best inventions ever made.

I hate answering the phone for that reason.

-
                      "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid

I wonder why they want to know if your wife is home
                        The man on the phone: " Är kusten klar?"

The Husband: " HUR FAN SKA JAG VETA DET VI BOR 30KM FRÅN HAVET!!!!!"
                        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Den är en klassiker!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
                            Here they always seem to call at dinner time

Dr. Mordrid
                            I used to do surveys for one company, and yes the best time to call is aroun dinner time, that's when most people are still at home.

i don't do that job anymore and i don't wat to ever go back to telemarketing, cause it sucks. I've had a few death threats and such.
                            Titanium is the new bling!
                            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro

I used to do surveys for one company, and yes the best time to call is aroun dinner time, that's when most people are still at home.

i don't do that job anymore and i don't wat to ever go back to telemarketing, cause it sucks. I've had a few death threats and such.
                              Anyone remember this from the old mailing list?? bt_service
                              Waiting on tech support...

Comment

Working...
                              X