Parhelia: we can influence the marketing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parhelia: we can influence the marketing

Well, as VigilAnt says, Matrox's marketing way seems to be do throw the dart then draw the dartboard.

So why don't we draw the dartboard for them?

I saw this in action when people here and on the TS forums started talking about 2 monitors + TV out being a possibility. Presumably plenty of people sent in email feature requests to sales. And the next thing we know, it is being touted as a great new feature for a market segment on their homepage.

So what about some more segments for them? It would do us (P owners) all a favour (more features, more support and longevity if the card sells better), and so lets get cracking.

I recently sent them an email requesting the ability to natively support 3 rotated screens (portrait) in the drivers. This would be good for both the financial analysis and publishing sectors as I see it - for layout, documents, data and graphs, IQ is not the whole goal. The right sort of screen real-estate is. So 3 LCDs connected by analogue would be perfect, if they could be in portrait mode.

In fact, the best would be for them to team up with a display manufacturer (and TEST THAT THINGS WORK TOGETHER FIRST!) and co-market. The other company might have more of a clue

Please could others request this feature with sales? The more of us do it (including lurkers!) the more chance of getting it.

Post your feature ideas here and I will reciprocate! Perhaps even those within Matrox that read here can present things internally as their own ideas! (I am pretty sure that this won't be read by any management...)

Cheers

Gnep
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

I would like high-tap anisotropic filtering, even if it would be slow, I want to decide the graphic quality in my games, myself, especially because 16xfaa makes 640*480 and 800*600 look good.

that is, if it is just a driver issue.
    This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Ok, I send them a mail too...
      I recently tested the pivot-software with my LCDs and it really sucked. After installing I just could run everything in 1280*960. My monitors have 1280*1024!
      The image looked like crap and I missed that feature too...

I also miss the possiblity to assign hotkey to send a active window to a different display.
      And that is what I wrote to them...

Yuppi

Comment

Thanks Yuppi

Comment

I dont own a parhelia yet, dont know if i ever will, hope that someday i'll own a parhelia 2, but i sent an email anyway
          Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

Thanks Knirfie.

By the way there is also a thread at Matrox Tech Support:

Comment

Working...
            X