Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aaaarrrghhhhhh!!!! Ibm!!! Molex Connectors!!!! Arhhhhgggg!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaaarrrghhhhhh!!!! Ibm!!! Molex Connectors!!!! Arhhhhgggg!!!

ARRRRGHHHHHH!!! !"#¤%&/()=?@£$€{[]}\|><|!!!

I removed the molex connector from the IBM and the damn connector on the drive broke!!!

I can fix it by soldering it back on, but it is anoying as hell!!

If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Yup!

The Soap Box....the place to vent your frustrations.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I FREAKING HATE THAT....

Everyone has had that happen, I am sure...
      "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Not me, or should I say, not yet.

Comment

THe connector design on the hdd side is in most cases pathetic!!

The solder on the PCB olds the whole damn pin instead of securing it into the plastic.....
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Damn! That sucks.

Comment

Remove, take to work, solder, ghost over to new Hdd, Place new hdd in computer, place crappy IBM as boot in Secondary sys (wich has a crappy UDMA2 only quantum), be anoyed for a week that a 2$ design could have saved you 97$ !!!!

Comment

I'm so glad that I invested in a 17' to my secondary Computer!!
                The 14' I had before was detering me from using it

Comment

true, a 14" would deter me too...
                  "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

I have a true 14" monitor at home. Max resolution is 640x480@60Hz. I don't use it cause it SUCKS!!!

One of these days I'll throw it from the 16th floor onto the ground!

Comment

YIIIPEEEEEYYYYYY!!!!!!
                      I have managed to juryrig the power!!!

The last scrap of data is safely onto the other hdd's!!

And I have a chance to do a ghost!

Used a ballpointpen spring

Well, all those MacGuyver shows werent waste of time

Comment

I've always worried about snapping off a molex connector when playing with drives.
                        Now I know its possible I shall be a little more careful.
                        Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

the trick is not having too many wobbly -pops before hand.
                          Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Originally posted by RichL
                            I've always worried about snapping off a molex connector when playing with drives.
                            Now I know its possible I shall be a little more careful.
                            Snapping of the plastic connector is not that easy but wiggling of the pins inside the connector that is soldered to the PCB seems to be to easy

Comment

""I have a true 14" monitor at home. Max resolution is 640x480@60Hz. I don't use it cause it SUCKS!!!

One of these days I'll throw it from the 16th floor onto the ground! ""

Videotape that (slo-mo) and post a link on MURC!

Kevin

Comment

Working...
                              X