w00t! Got a new monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• w00t! Got a new monitor

Got me an IBM P260 21" on the way... max res 1920x1440 @ 75Hz 300mHz bandwidth, Dual inputs DVI-D and HD15...

Now I've just got to be patient for it to showup and the service manual for my other ones and I'll hopefully have some TH 21" Surround Gaming sweetness happenin

Me doin a happy dance
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

OOOOOO! Pretty!

I got me a Gamecube, also doing a happy dance! hehe
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Sounds like you are going to be immersed into your game play
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

"game play"?....not likely, more like
        "Surround Pron"
        Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

DVI? Wouldn't DVI on a CRT would be kinda useless, because you would be converting a digital signal to analog, and then back to digital?
          System Specs:
          Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
          May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
          Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
          And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
          just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
          For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

the only point of doing so is reduction of line losses and or to prevent ringing that occurs in standard analog cables... not to mention Marketings got to have that next best thing which is nothing more than pure hype like the AGP spec

I'd prefer HD15 and BNC than this, like my other two have, would at least save me from buying another cable atm... but then again I am a beta tester and don't think any of us have DVI in on any monitor (home or work outside of M)

The bottom line was I got a sweet monitor for an excellent price and must have dual inputs regardless of what they are.
            actually that would be digital to analog or digital to digital and this one in the case of a crt monitor would then be converted to analog internally
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Nice.
              A friend of mine just bought an IBM P202 21" (black) and it's a great monitor very crisp display.
              Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
              Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
              Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

How high can Parhelia go on DVI CRT?
                G550 can only do 1280x1024@60Hz AFAIK. (notice the 60Hz...)
                P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
                Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
                And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Actually, that brings up something I never considered before. Do DVI CRTs only refresh according to the DVI signal? Or can you supply a 60Hz image, but the monitor refreshes at some other rate?
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Not only that Rob but is the limitation between DVI-A and DVI-D different seeing that one is analog and the other Digital... Looks like I've got another round of Q's for Monday morning

Comment

Well does DVI look any better to you Greebe on that CRT?
                      System Specs:
                      Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
                      May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
                      Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
                      And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
                      just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
                      For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

Just wondering. can the parhelia drive a DVI CRT with 10-bit gigacolor? I bet not though...

Comment

I'll tell ya when I recieve it. Currently on a truck somewhere.

Chrono, let me ask you this then, does Giga color benifit you in anything outside of Photochop (via plugin) or on your monitor?
                          Seeing that this monitor has two inputs and is not a flat panel or limited to 6 bit color I really don't see how this applies.

Comment

You didn't buy a Cornerstone? Can anyone see the shocked look on my face?

Comment

I almost bought a Cornerstone P1650 instead, but this was a better deal... nothing more

Comment

Working...
                              X