DNS Server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNS Server?

My ISP's server is either overloaded, broken, or configured by as******!!!!

It's slow as hell to resolve ip adresses and it constantly fails to do it!!!

So my question is:

Is there some good DNS servers out there on the net?
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

You are not alone.

Slow as hell here for the last about 3 days too.

Maybe something to do with the DOS attacks on the main DNS servers (13?) worldwide on Monday - here's hoping it will improve again soon.
    Last edited by LvR; 24 October 2002, 13:00.
    Lawrence

Comment

It has been like this for more than two months!!
      So I still think that my ISP is the culprit.
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I know its a horrendous bodge-fix, but you could always try creating a Hosts file containing the most important sites you need to visit.
        Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

hm.....
          A program that puts evey IP of every site i visit and can check them IF I want (if some site "dies" ) in the host file....

In my modem days I had one of these but it was horendusly buggy.....

Comment

Using the HOST file does speed things up a lot!

Murc has become much faster.....

Damn Telia DNS servers...

Comment

Working...
            X