Does SOF2 work in triplehead?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does SOF2 work in triplehead?????

Can sof2 work in triplehead like its raven counterpart jk2? If so please tell what settings to change. Thanks for everyones help.

Let me answer this one

Yes it does, and no it does not...!

The engine obviously supports it, as we're talking about the Q3-engine. However, there's some additional code that Raven must have added that jacks the whole thing up, because when you force Surround mode, objects will begin to pop in/out of the screen.

I asked ROM about it, and it's definitely a Raven issue...so they would have to address this.

Comment

I wish I knew how, I would try it anyway.

Thanks

Comment

I wouldn't mind seeing objectes pop in and out of the screen. No matter what I do, I can't force surround mode. This is annoying since SoF2 was part of Matrox's marketing of surround gaming at one point.

I have posted an open letter on the Raven forum, but haven't been answered yet.
        Main PC
        Athlon XP 2500+ | GA-7N400-L | 1.0GB PC3200 | Radeon 9800XT & 9000 | SoundBlaster Audigy | TRIPLE 17" NEC 1760Vs!

Home Theater PC
        AthlonXP 2500+ | Chaintech 7NIL1 | 1024MB PC2700 | RADEON 9700 | SoundBlaster Audigy | Coolermaster ATC-610 HTPC Case | 61" Sony TV

Comment

Thanks for contacting Raven. What a huge huge disappointmnet, yeah SOF2 was one on matrox's first triplehead games that never happened! What a loose for us, I would take my chances if I could just get started. I did try the same settingS for JK2 OUTCAST since it was a raven game with the same q3 engine but when I tried it my screen was really pushed together and the words were too small to read, suck!!!!!!

Gotcha

Comment

Here's a quick workaround but remember it's unsupported:

1- Run the game
            2- Go to the console and type "sv_cheats 1" (this will enable cheating)
            3- Still at the console type "r_mode -1"
            4- Still at the console type "r_customwidth 2400"
            5- Still at the console type "r_customheight 600"
            6- Still at the console type "cg_fov 143" (note that the fov will override your fov limit since you are in cheat mode)
            7- Run the game, you will be in Surround Gaming however, you need to do the same on each level plus you will get stuff appearing and dissapearing on each side of the screen,
            8- To adjust the hud, turn on "Hud Fix" in Powerdesk

Regards,
            Last edited by R0M; 30 October 2002, 22:36.
            "The opinions or comments expressed by me do not necessary reflect those of Matrox Graphics Inc."

Comment

Man thanks a bunch. I got one questions, the only time I ever see the console is just real quick when I start the game. How do I keep it in front of me. Also I dont understand what I need to do on each level as you mentioned, how do you that? Thanks for everything.

Gotcha

Comment

Gotcha,

You can bring up the console at any time while in the game by hitting the tilde `~` key ... its the one to the left of the #1 key.

Thanks R0M, I appreciate the heads up. If this worked in Multiplayer then I'd probably be wetting myself right about now.

LOL!
                Main PC
                Athlon XP 2500+ | GA-7N400-L | 1.0GB PC3200 | Radeon 9800XT & 9000 | SoundBlaster Audigy | TRIPLE 17" NEC 1760Vs!

Home Theater PC
                AthlonXP 2500+ | Chaintech 7NIL1 | 1024MB PC2700 | RADEON 9700 | SoundBlaster Audigy | Coolermaster ATC-610 HTPC Case | 61" Sony TV

Comment

Guys I couldnt get it to work, I tried using the console in mp games while in the game and before I joined, nothing. I tried in non punkbuster games I think they were and nothing. Please help!

Comment

For it to work in MP, you must find a server that has cheats enabled. Good luck
                    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Triple head's considered a cheat now ?

Comment

By this game, apparently...
                        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

We are being robbed! We are not cheating! This realllly sucks!

Comment

Working...
                          X