Is Parhelia My Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Parhelia My Problem?

I just plugged in the analog cable and my Viewsonic VX-2000 can finally get 1600x1200!
    Why can't it get 1600x1200 digitally with the DVI cable?
    Either the monitor or the video card cannot handle 1600x1200 digital.
    Is the problem with my VX-2000 LCD or my Matrox Parhelia?

BTW - Both companies advertise and claim to achieve 1600x1200 digitally!

LewisEMiller@yahoo.com
    Three is better and BIGGER than one!

In bed as well (so I'm told).

Seeing that not many have DVI input monitors (I should have one here shortly tho) I'd suggest asking on Matrox's forums.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Viewsonic just did a Parhelia test on my behalf.
      The Parhelia will NOT support a 1600x1200 digital signal with their new VX-2000 LCD.
      I'm very upset with this discovery as it was Viewsonic that recommended the Parhelia when I purchased their monitor.
      I'm also upset at Matrox as they promised me, before I purchased their card, that it would work.
      I wanted two digital 1600x1200 screens; I bought everything
      that was recommended; I spent $3500 on the latest technology;
      AND IT DOESN'T WORK!!!

Comment

Make sure to update to the 1.02 beta drivers and try again...
        Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

well, whenever you spend money on the latest and greatest technologies, this are bound to not work right. i would suggest going over to the Matrox forums and posting over there, as they are the ones that can help you out. I would also try the latest drivers, as was already suggested.
          "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

as mentioned above, the 1.02 drivers should take care of your problem.
            OFFICIAL EX- EMPLOYEE

<font size="1">"So now I'm dreaming<br>For myself I'm understanding <br>Performing there, one hundred thousand fans would gather one and all <br>And so decided, we could rule it all if we should <br>Dance all away across the greatest city in the nether world..."<p>- Central Park 09/24/03</font>

Comment

Where can my bro find the beta drivers?

-[Ch]ams

Comment

There you go!
                Specs:
                MSI 745 Ultra :: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ :: 1024 MB PC-266 DDR-RAM :: HIS Radeon 9700 (Catalyst 3.1) :: Creative Soundblaster Live! 1024 :: Pioneer DVD-106S :: Western Digital WD800BB :: IBM IC35L040AVVN07

Comment

Although the readme for the beta drivers does not mention anything about fixing a digital signal @1600x1200, it can't hurt.

-[Ch]ams

Comment

Originally posted by [Ch]amsalot
                    Although the readme for the beta drivers does not mention anything about fixing a digital signal @1600x1200, it can't hurt.

-[Ch]ams
                    actually, the 1.01 drivers fixed this issue...see ftp://ftp.matrox.com/pub/mga/archive...01_00notes.txt

(Maximum in digital is now 1920x1200)
                    OFFICIAL EX- EMPLOYEE

<font size="1">"So now I'm dreaming<br>For myself I'm understanding <br>Performing there, one hundred thousand fans would gather one and all <br>And so decided, we could rule it all if we should <br>Dance all away across the greatest city in the nether world..."<p>- Central Park 09/24/03</font>

Comment

Trying it now 103r-Fan

I like this Forum better than Matrox.

Comment

Welp.......nice try.
                        BUT........NOPE!

Viewsonic also downloaded the latest drivers.
                        It seems to me that the VX-2000 and the Parhelia just don't like each other.

I GIVE UP and I'm going analog.
                        Thanks for all your help everybody but I know when I'm beat.
                        Last edited by Lewwwis; 24 October 2002, 12:59.

Comment

let me guess, Viewsonic also didn't say who was at fault and or if foreseably correctable
                          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

LEWWWIS KILL THE SIG!

-[Ch]ams

Comment

Lewwwis: Did you try the Matrox forums? Post there with your system spec, driver version, DirectX version, Windows version etc etc, and see if they can help. After spending so much, I wouldn't give up so easily.

While the latest hardware can have teething problems, often it can be sorted with software updates or changes.

Regards,

P.
                              Meet Jasmine.
                              flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Working...
                              X