Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniper: "persons of interest" aka: SUSPECTS

ALL POINTS BULLETIN:

John Mohammad: 42 (aka: John Williams. Was in Army engineering corp. @ a base near Tacoma, WA)

John Malvo: 17, possibly step-son of John Mohammad

Vehicle: blue or burgundy 1990 Chevy Caprice
    License: New Jersey NDA-21Z (registered to John Mohammad)

Warrants served for evidence so far in Tacoma, Washington and Alabama.

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 23 October 2002, 23:04.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

UPDATE:

Both Mohammad and Malvo have been tied to "Ground Zero USA", a militia & paramilitary training camp in Alabama.

Ground Zero USA has been under investigation for some time by Scotland Yard and US police organizations related to its acceptance overseas militants into its training programs.

This was born out when Zain-ul-Albidin, an Al Qaeda supporter, was charged in London with running a website, Sakina Security, that supposedly recruited Muslims for an Islamic jihad. Video and discriptions of Ground Zero USA's operations were part of Sakina Security's content.

ABC news story on Ground Zero USA (July '02)

This raises an interesting possibility; that home-grown militants and Islamic radicals may have found a common ground: hatred of the US government. This type of connection has been suspected by many for some time in relation to the Oaklahoma City bombing.

How this may tie into the sniper case could be very enlightening.

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 23 October 2002, 23:20.
    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Shouldn't these overseas recruitments when they return to say America or GB be arrested for treason??? Or is that just PC??
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

These places aren't required to share any records of their "students" with govt. officials, US or foreign, unless a court orders them to do so. I'd be willing to bet that changes as soon as Congress comes back into session.

NOTE:

Informants say both are Jamaican in origin and were sympathetic to the 9/11 attacks.

As one talking head said today: does it really matter if they were card-carrying Al Qaeda or not to the families of their victims?

I don't think so.....

Dr. Mordrid
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 24 October 2002, 06:10.
        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

In my book anyone sympathetic to the murderous terrorist attacks of 9/11, or any other murderous terrorist attacks for that matters, and thus are willing to commit murderous acts themselves are terrorist and should be dealt with accordingly.

Being sympathetic to the 'so called' reason for those attacks is something entirely different. But in my book no matter what they say the reason was there is still no justification for these murderous acts .

Joel
          Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
          Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

I'm glad they finally caught the jerks. I just wish they would have put up a resistance so the police could have used a few cents worth of led to bring them to justice...
            --Insert something here--

Comment

From what I hear they're likely to try them for the Virginia murders first....in which case the death penalty will be all but automatic.

Dr. Mordrid
              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
                From what I hear they're likely to try them for the Virginia murders first....in which case the death penalty will be all but automatic.

Dr. Mordrid
                They deserve as much mercy as they gave their victims...
                --Insert something here--

Comment

Isn't everyone innocent until proven otherwise? Let's not rush into conclusions; the court will deal with them properly.

Comment

Thank you efty

Still, whoever did it has got to be pretty psycho.

And no, I don't agree with the death penalty (but let's not get into that...)
                    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

1. they found bullets fired by a .223 rifle in a tree trunk at the house Muhammad lived at 3000 miles from where he was caught.

2. the bullets in that tree trunk match the .223 rounds used in the sniper murders.

3. they found a .223 rifle in his car, which is about 99.99999999% certain to match the above bullets.

Sure....they're innocent

Dr. Mordrid
                      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Hehe, run fill a lottery form, you've got a better chance to win the lottery than they have to be found innocent

Comment

The evidence is looking pretty solid. I think I have to agree with Ajax, lets show them the same mercy they showed their victims...

"I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

hmm interesting if he's really the sniper. what makes a former soldier who served for his country turn against it?
                            no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

He converted to Islam some 17 years ago then was radicalized. One more example of why mainstream Muslim clerics here need to get control of their own communities.

One thing being reported is that he may at one time have been a bodyguard for The Nation of Islam, a radical black Muslim group in the US.

Also: reports are coming in that they had a gun port set up in the back of their car. This allowed them to lay down the back seat and fire unseen from the rear quarter of the car.

Dr. Mordrid
                              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                              X