Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life Explained

Life Explained:

On the first day God created the cow. God said, "You must go to field with the farmer all day long and suffer under the sun, have calves and give milk to support the farmer. I will give you a life span of sixty years."

The cow said, "That's a kind of a tough life you want me to live for sixty years. Let me have twenty years and I'll give back the other forty." And God agreed.

On the second day, God created the dog. God said, "Sit all day by the door of your house and bark at anyone who comes in or walks past. I will give you a life span of twenty years."

The dog said, "That's too long to be barking. Give me ten years and I'll give back the other ten." So God agreed (sigh).

On the third day God created the monkey. God said, "Entertain people, do monkey tricks, make them laugh. I'll give you a twenty year life span."

The monkey said, "How boring, monkey tricks for twenty years? I don't think so. The dog gave you back ten, so that's what I'll do too, okay?" And God agreed again.

On the fourth day God created man. God said, "Eat, sleep, play, have sex, enjoy. Do nothing, just enjoy, enjoy. I'll give you twenty years." Man said, "What? Only twenty years? No way, man. Tell you what, I'll take my twenty, and the forty the cow gave back, and the ten the dog gave back and the ten the monkey gave back. That makes eighty. Okay?"

"Okay," said God. "You've got a deal."

So that is why for the first twenty years we eat, sleep, play, have sex, enjoy, and do nothing; for the next forty years we slave in the sun to support our family; for the next ten years we do monkey tricks to entertain our grandchildren; and for the last ten years we sit in front of the house and bark at everybody.

Life has now been explained.

After God created Adam, he came down to him and said "I will make a bargain with you. I will create a companion for you, called woman. She will always be beautiful, and remain young looking for all her life. She will bear your children, and do all the hard work looking after them, so that you can enjoy them at no cost to you, She will wait on you hand and foot; prepare all your meals and clear up the dishes afterwards. She will keep your house clean and you will never have to help her. You will always
    have the remote control to flip as you wish. She will go to bed with you whenever you desire. In short, she will be the sort of perfect companion that men fantasize over."

Adam said, "That sounds wonderful. But you said this was a bargain. What's it going to cost me?"

God answered "It will cost you an arm and a leg".

Adam said "That seems like too high a price to pay. What can I get for a rib?".

And the rest, as they say, is history.

Once upon a time in the Kingdom of Heaven, God was missing for six days. Eventually Michael the archangel found him, resting on the seventh day.

He inquired of God, "Where have you been?"

God sighed a deep sigh of satisfaction and proudly pointed downwards through the clouds. "Look Michael, look what I've made."

Archangel Michael look puzzled and said, "What is it?"

It's a planet" replied God, "and I've put LIFE on it. I'm going to call it Earth and it's going to be a great place of balance."

"Balance?" inquired Michael, still confused.

God explained, pointing to different parts of Earth. "For example, Northern Europe will be a place of great opportunity and wealth, while Southern Europe is going to be poor; the Middle East over there will be a hot spot and the Antarctica in the South will be very cold. Over there I've placed a continent of white people and over there is a continent of black people."

God continued pointing to different countries. "This one will be extremely hot and arid, while this one will be very cold and covered in ice."

The Archangel impressed by God's work, then pointed to a large area (Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, etc) and asked, "What's that one?"

"Ah," said God, "That's the SOUTH, the most glorious place on Earth. There are beautiful mountains, lakes, rivers, streams, and an exquisite coastline. The people from there are going to be modest, intelligent, and humorous, and they're going to be found traveling the world. They'll be extremely sociable, hardworking, and high-achieving, and they will be known throughout the world as diplomats and carriers of peace. A truly great people."

Michael gasped in wonder and admiration, but then proclaimed, "What about balance, God? You said there will be BALANCE."

God replied wisely, " Wait until you see the loudmouth, obnoxious people I'm putting north of them."

This guy was walking on the beach in California, he looks down and there's this old bottle lying there. He thinks to himself, 'Hey, a genie in a bottle,' and he laughs and walks away up the beach. Well, he just couldn't get that darn bottle out of his mind, so the guy turns around and walks back down the beach, picks up the bottle and pulls out the cork.

And whoosh, all this smoke appears and billows up in a gigantic mushroom cloud and there's thunder and lightening, and sure enough, this genie the size of the Empire State Building leans down and thanks the man profusely for freeing him from 3,000 years of imprisonment in that little bottle.

The genie tells him he's going to grant him one wish - just one - and he'd better make it a really good one, 'cause he's only going to get one wish.

He tells the genie that he's already got most all the material things he's ever wanted - a couple of million dollars, 14 000 square foot house on the beach, boats, all the toys, he travels first class...

So he says to the genie, "You know, I really love to drive, and I'd love to drive somewhere really fun, somewhere no one has ever driven a car before." "I got it," the guy says to the genie. "I want to drive to Hawaii.”
    "Well,... the genie rolls his eyes and puts his hands on his head and shakes back and forth saying, "No, no, no. Do you have any idea how hard that would be? Oh, the engineering, the structural design, the materials it would take to build a road like that across the Pacific Ocean! Please. Please! Can't you come up with some other, easier wish?"

The guy, disappointed, thinks for a moment and finally brightens up. He says to the genie, "Okay, I've got it. I really want to understand my wife's non-verbal communication."

And the genie says, "Do you want that two lanes or four lanes?"

Joel
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

lol....

this dosent count as a joke but here goes any way (mind you my sence of humer stinks and dont mind the dyslexic spelling mistakes i have given up fixing those.... )

one day my best budy and i where having a conversation with a group of people at an Environmental Infromation Center..... it just hapened taht we where all there and talking to geather about all sorts of things..... when sudenly my freind sais...

Freind: Cows are the wisest creatures in the univers.....

Project Manager: why?

Me: beacuse they go "moooo"

Secretary: huh?

Freind: they go "moooo"

Project manager: i dont get it?

Assistant: what does that have to do with it?

Freind: well think of it this way "mooo" backwords is "oooom" does that ring a bell?

(they think hard)
      Secretary: no?

Me: think budist munks... when they meditate they go "ooom". you see? so cows just sit their in the feild and in their far more advanced spirituality they go "mooo" they are more advanced than their boudist counterparts....

(perplexd look on thier face)
      huh????

Freind: OH ... and a nother similarity between budist munks and cows.... budist munks smoke grass..... cows EAT grass.....

(they laugh)

Me: so just remeber every time you eat a burger you are taking a bite of universal wisdom....

(they are on the floor in laghter)

Freind: and another thing.... the wisdom of the cows is the reason why we now have internet... a medium that has vast resources of unending information

Secretary: how is that?!?!?!?!?

Freind: well think about it... what do you use to conect to the internet?

Assistant: a modem!

Me: no... not a modem ... it real is a mooooodem..... moooooodem... moooodem .... worship the harbringer of wisdom and knowladge... the great mooodem.... (we my feriend and i start worshiping the modem)

Project manager: oh my god! you guys are luni....

Freind: ahh... but you see... luni comes from the latin word luna.... wich actualy is the mooooooooon........

they are dead with laughter)
      no please stop.. no more....

Me: you see thats why the act of moooooning is actualy a very incitful phenomena...

at this point my freind and i could no longer contain our selves.... we started laughing too....... we where coming up with this stuf as we went ... we did not preplan this as a prank or anything... it just hapened after.... after we both had burgers for lunch...

"They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

? i must have scared every one off
        Last edited by SpiralDragon; 23 October 2002, 15:11.
        "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

ehhh, i dont get it
          Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

Spiraldragons joke is fun, but I think its more funny to wittness
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

well yeh... its one of those things where you had to be there .....

Comment

Working...
              X