Do you believe in miracles ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you believe in miracles ?

2 men and a friend (woman) walked into a restoraunt in Eilat for a dinner. The waitress gave them an exceptionally good service, with a smile and great care so they started a conversation with her and asked her about her plans in life.
    She said she's working so she could save money for going to the university. They asked her if she believed in fairies and explained tha they just donated for a new campus to the Ben-Gurion university in Eilat. The donors (Israeli and Swiss) offered to pay for her university studies.
    The waitress thought it was some kind of a joke, but went to the university the next day where she met them again and they have paid her 3 years in university (the time needed for BA).
    They gave her a 'tip' of about 7,000 USD.

Do you believe in miracles ?
    Why not

Comment

The waitress gave them an exceptionally good service
      in the restaurant or somewhere else?
      no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Everyone taking a final exam believes in miracles

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Aww... you make me want to post a pic of me when I finished my finals - but it's a b&w print and I have no scanner at the moment.

I am wearing full sub-fusc (gown, white bow tie etc... its a bizarre thing to do your exams in them!), with a pair of plastic horns on my head, a garland of "flowers" around my neck, glitter all over me, a bottle of champagne in one hand, a big fat cigar in the other, and a pint in front of me... and bubbles floating around. Ahhh memories!

An hour later I was collapsed in bed having tried to steal a JCB (apparently - my memory doesn't stretch that far).

That was a miracle in action.
          DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

darn lucky... i had no such miracle... it too me 6 years to get my BA due to finacial problems....... but i do belive in fairies ........
            "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Sure!
              I got one standing on my other bench:

Motherboard with VIA chips that Works!
              If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
              X